VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mr Magnétoscope View Post
    Tutorial video please... I haven't found any.
    Which part of the process do you need a video for?

It's simply a case of dragging the Avisynth script that you created into the chosen program
    (AvstoDVD, Virtualdub2, etc)
    The script should have the .avs extension. Just drag the script icon (on the desktop where it's easy to deal with)
    into the app.

The icon doesn't have to be in the same place as the source files, because the file name and path are
    named in the source filter call

Give me a few minutes and i'll post some images

Forgot to mention for the LWlibAVVideosource, download it from here.
    https://github.com/HolyWu/L-SMASH-Works/releases/
    Extract the 32 bit plugin dll from the archive and manually move it to the corresponding
    Avisynth plugin folder.

Update your version of AVStoDVD to the latest 2.89 alpha
    Last edited by davexnet; 27th Aug 2020 at 18:51.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's some basic images
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	script.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	54679  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ac.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	54680  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ac2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	54681  

Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, yes, I forgot the color conversion. If your source is rec.709 (most HD is) you'll want to convert to rec.601 for DVD -- otherwise you'll get a slight change in colors, most noticeable in bright greens and reds:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/329866-incorrect-collor-display-in-video-playback#post2045830

If you don't have, or don't want to install the ColorMatrix() filter, you can use this instead:

Code:
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709").ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec601")
    It's a little less accurate but probably not enough that you'll notice.

But first you need to figure out why AviSynth isn't working. I highly recommend you install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of VirtualDub2 for testing and previewing your scripts.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Aug 2020 at 21:23.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded the LWlibAVVideosource plugin and now the .avs file will open in AVStoDVD. It converted it to interlaced and I've done the encoding. When when I open the DVD content in MPC-HC or in VLC, and select yadif 2x deinterlacing, it doesn't display it with smooth 60fps motion like it should do, and does when I open any interlaced video like something from my DVD recorder. I would like to see a video of all the steps to take a 60 (or 59.94) fps mp4 video, and put it on a DVD while preserving the smooth 60fps motion, and I haven't found anything on the Internet for doing that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Mr Magnétoscope View Post
    I downloaded the LWlibAVVideosource plugin and now the .avs file will open in AVStoDVD. It converted it to interlaced and I've done the encoding. When when I open the DVD content in MPC-HC or in VLC, and select yadif 2x deinterlacing, it doesn't display it with smooth 60fps motion like it should
    The AviSynth scripts that were give do what you want. Something else is going wrong. Maybe the wrong field order. Upload your AviSynth script and a short sample of the VOB file you created.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I remembered (or forgot ?) something. If you drag the script into the Window as I showed, you have to tell the program
    the file is interlaced. Right click the script, select as shown and type the word "interlaced"
    You could post your corresponding AVStoDVD log file for confirmation if you still have it
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	interlace.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	54721  

Last edited by davexnet; 2nd Sep 2020 at 20:06.
    Quote Quote