VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry if this argument is well described in another thread. I did not find it. Please if you know the properly thread, please, redirect me to there. Let me start. I made a good work to recreate the hardware platform to encode all my video by the support of NVIDIA video engine. I convert and edit video in seconds. Now I am working a lot for organize all my video life.
    Expecially some old DVD! I have folders where DVD are copied. As you know DVD content is big and not Hdd space saving. Now I would like to create some files to save the disk space. BUT I need to recreate menus as in DVD where created a lot of time ago! Please help me: is there someone that know the way to recreate DVD in a file? I need to mantain all icons, all soundtrack all buttons, everything. But I would like to play them in a TV computer. I have a MiniITX computer completely dedicated to the TV with a terabyte of space. I have all in it, all videos and photos. This pc has not a DVD drive. I consider DVD dead! But not the video in them!!! So please, could you help me to recreate a file container to show the old creative works? Many thanks to all.
    Last edited by jeyjey; 23rd Aug 2020 at 06:51. Reason: corrections
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can replicate many of the functions of DVD navigation in a number of different programing languages, including as web pages.

But if you're looking for a single self-contained file that is widely playable on a number of platforms -- it doesn't exist.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Get a dvd drive, rip your titles to ISO, then you can mount & play the ISOs as if they were the complete discs, using powerDVD or whatever you like to use as you dvd player software.

Won't be any space savings that way, but will always include all the features/menus/etc, and will all be contained in 1 archive file per title.

Scott
    Quote Quote