VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I have a video which is saved as 60p but is in reality 50p. Every 6th frame is torn and is half a duplicate of the previous and half a duplicate of the next frame. How could I remove these frames in Hybrid? (and if it's not possible with it, what other software would you recommend?) Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. SelectEvery(6,0,1,3,4,5)

You'll probably have to adjust the missing number for the dupe frame in the sequence of 6. And if the pattern changes as you go along, it won't work at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, thank you, I'll try this. It doesn't change afaik so this might work
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the pattern "hiccups" and doesn't repeat perfectly all the way through (which, unfortunately is probably the case) you may be able to tackle the problem with TFM/TDecimate. I've used these tools for all manner of weird non-repeating repeats (if that phrase makes any sense). You can usually nail tough cases by increasing the Cycle parameter in TDecimate, so it looks at a really large number of fields/frames before deciding which ones to delete. This slows down the operation a lot, but if you only have to do it once, that doesn't matter too much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you! Does this work also if it's not a full duplicate but a very slightly shifted torn duplicate of two frames?
    Quote Quote  
  6. A 50/50 mixed frame will usually be detected as different frame, if you use default settings

Since every 6th frame is a (top half frame before/ bottom half frame after) mix , another approach is to use TDecimate's clip2 parameter .

Specify clip2 as the original, but the input as a cropped version (top or bottom half) . The metrics will be run on the cropped version, but the returned frames will be from the full sized clip

And there are many other settings you can tweak , the point is to do this adaptively in case the cadence breaks (eg. maybe it was edited after it was put into that format)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Specify clip2 as the original, but the input as a cropped version (top or bottom half) . The metrics will be run on the cropped version, but the returned frames will be from the full sized clip
    Nice! I hadn't thought of that. I'd still try the SelectEvery method first, hoping the pattern doesn't change, but if it does yours is definitely the way to go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is bigger than I thought. Not only is it not regular (not exactly every 6 frames) the tearing is irregular as well. Meaning that every tear is in a different position. It starts at the top, then every torn frame (every 5-6 frames) has the tear about 5% lower. This goes on until it hits the bottom then it loops back up. Is there any way to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  9. At this point you have to provide a sample. This moving "tear" is sounding like something more than a standards conversion screw up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I attached a 30 second clip. So this is a 30i video which was deinterlaced to 60p with QTGMC. The show was broadcast in Australia, thus should be 25i, but it isn't; the tearing is present on the source as well. (it's upscaled to 4k because the final product will be for youtube and that helps with bitrate)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. You should upload a sample of the original video instead of a processed, upscaled version

QTGMC can introduce errors, upscaling can introduce errors. e.g. a duplicate split frame can cause QTGMC to introduce motion, when there was none. This will impair your chances of detection and "fixing" it. You need to examine the original fields
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, here's the source (well, part of it)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    bump
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blinkHQ View Post
    bump
    you can use Avisynth/Srestore and reduce the frames per second to 25,
    seems to be the underlying frame rate
    Code:
    mpeg2source("C:\Users\davex\Desktop\avs_test\vob4.d2v")
    yadifmod2(mode=1, edeint=nnedi3(field=-2))
    srestore()
    EDIT - Actually this is better, preserves the fluidity
    Code:
    mpeg2source("C:\Users\davex\Desktop\avs_test\vob4.d2v")
    qtgmc(preset="slow",edithreads=3)
    tdecimate(mode=0,cycle=12,cycleR=2)
    crop(12,8,-24,-12).depansafe()
    spline36resize(640,480)
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 29th Aug 2020 at 14:00.
    Quote Quote