VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab All-in-One and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am going to shoot a wedding. There will be activities where there will be no wifi.

Question: how can i provide myself reliable high speed wifi for broadcasting the wedding via youtube?

I usually use OBS installed on my laptop and feed video from my Canon camera into my laptop. I feed sound through wireless microphone into the laptop. OBS does the rest.

I would like to use a DSLR or mirrorless mounted on the top of a monopod or tripod. I would like to move it around as people move around.

Any advice? How should I do it?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You asked this exact same question before. From what I gather you plan on shooting and live streaming the wedding via YouTube and wanted to do it by using your cell phone's internet connection.

My question is why does it have to be live streamed, why can't it just be recorded and then uploaded to a private YouTube channel?

If this is not an option, why can't the venue where the wedding is taking place allow you to use their WiFi?

None of this makes any sense.
    Last edited by sophisticles; 12th Aug 2020 at 14:03.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know someone who uses a Verizon Jetpack for his wifi needs for livestreaming. Not an endorsement.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    You asked this exact same question before. From what I gather you plan on shooting and live streaming the wedding via YouTube and wanted to do it by using your cell phone's internet connection.

My question is why does it have to be live streamed, why can't it just be recorded and then uploaded to a private YouTube channel?

If this is not an option, why can;t the venue where the wedding is taking place allow you to use their WiFi?

No, it doesn't. Sometimes clients asks us to do things which seem impossible. Everything is impossible until somebody does it. I want their business and want my business to survive the pandemic. This is the situation and I have to make it happen...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    I know someone who uses a Verizon Jetpack for his wifi needs for livestreaming. Not an endorsement.
    I love you man! (or woman)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hasselblad View Post
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    You asked this exact same question before. From what I gather you plan on shooting and live streaming the wedding via YouTube and wanted to do it by using your cell phone's internet connection.

If this is not an option, why can;t the venue where the wedding is taking place allow you to use their WiFi?

No, it doesn't. Sometimes clients asks us to do things which seem impossible. Everything is impossible until somebody does it. I want their business and want my business to survive the pandemic. This is the situation and I have to make it happen...
    The question isn't if it's possible the question is if you should do it, just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

I work for a very large company and I get requests/directives from senior management all the time for all sorts of things, some are doable, some are doable but at such an expense as to not be practical and some are so outlandish as to beg the question why anyone would consider it in the first place, even if we could do it, the likelihood is that it would cause more problems than it would solve.

In your case, I question the wisdom of having your business survive the pandemic by promising to do something that has a high likelihood of blowing up in your face.

If you promise to this client that you can do this and it fails, you will have a huge problem because the client will freak the f*ck out when his or her wedding day doesn't go as you promised. The will immediately throw in your face "what am i paying you for" and "you said you could make this happen".

Sometimes it's better to walk away from a job than to take it and find out that you can't deliver.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More so that starting a new topic to ask, essentially, the self-same Q. as what was in the other is bad form.

All you have added is the word 'reliable'. And you were already told that you can not simply turn up on the day and expect these things to work.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Originally Posted by hasselblad View Post
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post

The question isn't if it's possible the question is if you should do it, just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

I work for a very large company and I get requests/directives from senior management all the time for all sorts of things, some are doable, some are doable but at such an expense as to not be practical and some are so outlandish as to beg the question why anyone would consider it in the first place, even if we could do it, the likelihood is that it would cause more problems than it would solve.

In your case, I question the wisdom of having your business survive the pandemic by promising to do something that has a high likelihood of blowing up in your face.

If you promise to this client that you can do this and it fails, you will have a huge problem because the client will freak the f*ck out when his or her wedding day doesn't go as you promised. The will immediately throw in your face "what am i paying you for" and "you said you could make this happen".

Sometimes it's better to walk away from a job than to take it and find out that you can't deliver.
    You are soooo true. I know. I am just tryint to find out more ways to make people happy. You are right. It happened to me before. Thanks so much for your honest opinion!!!!! This is why I am here! THANKS!!!
    So I guess that answer is that there no reliable solution. I need to go there. Bring hotspot devices from different providers and see which one gives me reliable upstream speed....
    Last edited by hasselblad; 12th Aug 2020 at 14:44.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    More so that starting a new topic to ask, essentially, the self-same Q. as what was in the other is bad form.

All you have added is the word 'reliable'. And you were already told that you can not simply turn up on the day and expect these things to work.
    You are right. This is a different wedding however! I have been requested this 5 times in the last 2-3 weeks. Clients really want this and the parents who pay the bill value live stream more than wedding photography. No kidding.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube restricts streaming from mobile to channels with a minimum of 1000 subscribers. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en

I believe that live streaming events like weddings will remain popular after covid is no longer an issue. You may wish to look for a service rather than trying to put something together yourself. A search for "live stream from remote location" turned up a couple of possible providers.
    Quote Quote