VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I would very much like to get my first Gopro camera, to make videos of my runs and cross country skiing. A few years back, Gopro collaborated with Polar, and it was possible to overlay your heart rate, altitude and speed from the hearte rate monitor into your GoPro videos (see picure attached). However, this collaboration discontinued, and the overlay is no longer available. Therefore: Does anyone know any alternative ways to solve this? Are there any software / apps that make it possible to transfer such information to video? My goal is to get information about time, heart rate, speed etc. on my Gopro videos as a filter / overlay.

Best regards,
    Martin Søraker, Norway
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gopro Polar.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	54498  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Create your own new overlay in AfterEffects, using the heartrate data as input data to modify for example the vertical value in a sinusoidal level with a shifting time window. Kind of like what you would expect to see if you keyed the image of a real heart monitor over your video footage.

Probably also doable in Avisynth, but would be lots harder to set up, IMO.

The graphic you have could also be used, it's just not as "dynamic" as what I was thinking. Take a recoding of an older overlaid video and time average it so you end up with only what remains the same on the screen, aka the overlay's constants/markers. Box it in its own rectangle, and use that as an overlay.. Then put another overlay on top of that which has merely the numbers from the heartmon data.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 12th Aug 2020 at 06:59.
    Quote Quote