VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

In 2015 I've traveled to the US and bought a multi region blu-ray player as some blu-ray movies only have Spanish subtitles in their region B editions.

All I had to do was press 1 or 2 or 3 in the remote with the tray open and the region would change.

A few weeks ago the player developed some kind of electric issue and it would not boot, make noises and get stuck.

Took it Samsung tech and they've changed a plaque and now I am testing the player and it works BUT, the multi region capabilities are gone.

Do you guys have any idea how can I make the player multi region again?

Thanks in advance,

Javi
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first see here - https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=Samsung+BD-J5900&hits=50&Search=Search#33797
    then see here - https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=Samsung+BD-J5700&hits=50&Search=Search

the codes are for the dvd side of the player, for the bluray side, you
    may have to take it back to the place where you bought it and see what they say.
    Last edited by october262; 6th Aug 2020 at 22:51.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THank you!
    I saw that before posing but it refers to DVDs, not Blu-Rays. I want to see blu-rays from difefrent regions like before with this player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by javilu77 View Post
    THank you!
    I saw that before posing but it refers to DVDs, not Blu-Rays. I want to see blu-rays from difefrent regions like before with this player.
    where did you buy the player from ?? you may want to try here - https://www.220-electronics.com/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    THank you!
    where did you buy the player from ?? you may want to try here - https://www.220-electronics.com/
    Bought it from eBay, to a seller named "International Video & Electronics" internationalvideo@gmail.com. I think they convert the blu-rays to multi region themselves.

What should I look at on that link? Are there instructions to make the blu-ray player multi region again?

Thanks!
    Javi
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THank you!
    Bought it from eBay, to a seller named "International Video & Electronics" internationalvideo@gmail.com. I think they convert the blu-rays to multi region themselves.

What should I look at on that link? Are there instructions to make the blu-ray player multi region again?

Thanks!
    Javi
    what i'm suggesting is to contact the person that you bought the player from and see if they'll fix it
    or offer a refund. the 220-electronics is the only place that i can think of that sells region free players
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Amazon sells Region Free players and while 220-electronics.com is the best known, there's another site that's sometimes listed, but I can't recall the name right now.

As for a hack to make the player Blu-Ray region free, not likely if even possible. Most (all?) of the region free Blu-Ray players have a customized firmware chip(s) or board that was likely removed by the repair center. The only options are to contact the seller as stated or buy a new player.

When Blu-Ray was established, the alliance closed the door on easily hacked firmware with multi-region capability.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

what i'm suggesting is to contact the person that you bought the player from and see if they'll fix it
    or offer a refund. the 220-electronics is the only place that i can think of that sells region free players
    I've sent an email to the seller but got no response. It has been 5 years since I've bought it so no chance on earth of a refund.

Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Amazon sells Region Free players and while 220-electronics.com is the best known, there's another site that's sometimes listed, but I can't recall the name right now.

As for a hack to make the player Blu-Ray region free, not likely if even possible. Most (all?) of the region free Blu-Ray players have a customized firmware chip(s) or board that was likely removed by the repair center. The only options are to contact the seller as stated or buy a new player.

When Blu-Ray was established, the alliance closed the door on easily hacked firmware with multi-region capability.
    So basically when tech replaced the board they must have removed the multi region hack.

I've asked the tech guy about this and he said he had no idea, he just replaced the damaged board.

I will have to wait until I travel to the USA again to buy a new one. Thanks guys for your responses.
    If you come up with any idea let me know. Cheers!
    Quote Quote