VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've been using a Avermedia EzRecorder 130 capture device to capture footage from my PVR (and having to use a hdmi splitter to bypass the hdcp)

I hooked up my Blu-ray player, captured a DVD playing and compared it to a rip of the original DVD and notice a slight difference in the colour, which seems darker when capturing on the Avermedia device.

Original DVD
    [Attachment 54376 - Click to enlarge]

AverMedia
    [Attachment 54369 - Click to enlarge]

What would be the correct level/script to use to restore the original colour back in Avisynth?

I've also attached both files for reference.

AverMedia footage is a bit more stuttery as i forgot to set the Blu-ray player to interlaced mode when capturing.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is closer , but still slightly off
    Code:
    LSmashVideoSource("AverMedia.mp4")
    ColorMatrix(mode="rec.709->rec.601", clamp=0)
    SmoothLevels(1,1.02,255,0,255, chroma=200)
    SmoothTweak(saturation=1.05, hue1=1)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for that! It's virtually identical now.

[Attachment 54386 - Click to enlarge]

LSmash seems to be causing the render to freeze at a certain point without finishing. I usually just decompress mp4 files to avi just to get it to work in AvsPmod, and have had issues using other source filters. It would be good though to just load the mp4 directly into AvsP without issue.

[Attachment 54382 - Click to enlarge]

Also i've just discovered the EzRecorder can actually capture in 480/576i resolutions too. I thought it only did HD res due to the HDMI source. After capturing in native SD, the difference doesn't seem as drastic, so clearly a rec.601/709 issue. However there is still an ever so slight difference in colour, which is corrected by the SmoothLevels/Tweak parts of the script.
    Last edited by Master Tape; 5th Aug 2020 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Was your source file the same, (or the same compression as the original recording from Avermedia ?)

Unlikely to be lsmash. This branch is stable
    https://github.com/HolyWu/L-SMASH-Works/releases

Unless you repeated it with "AVI", and it worked ? Then that would suggest an issue with lsmash

What version of colormatrix? There is an old version known to be unstable especially with multithreading.

What version of avisynth ? There are also some older avisynth versions of 3.x that had known hanging/crashes
    Quote Quote  
  5. Have you played with the "Color Range" setting (page 28 of the English version of the manual)? I think it is designed to do poison's TV to computer color matrix change during capture.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Was your source file the same, (or the same compression as the original recording from Avermedia ?)

Unlikely to be lsmash. This branch is stable
    https://github.com/HolyWu/L-SMASH-Works/releases

Unless you repeated it with "AVI", and it worked ? Then that would suggest an issue with lsmash

What version of colormatrix? There is an old version known to be unstable especially with multithreading.

What version of avisynth ? There are also some older avisynth versions of 3.x that had known hanging/crashes
    I can't get LSmash to read the source file which is an mkv.

Code:
    LSMASHVideoSource [Fatal]: Failed to read an input file
    Installed the latest version of colormatrix as didn't have it before, but removed it from the script as had fixed the rec. issue manually as mentioned above.

I had AviSynth+ 3.4.0, upgraded to 3.5.0, still the same problem. It just keeps freezing at 1 minute 13 seconds of the render.
    Quote Quote  
  7. LSMSASHVideoSoure() only works for mp4, m4v, and mov. You need to use LWlibavVideoSource() for MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Have you played with the "Color Range" setting (page 28 of the English version of the manual)? I think it is designed to do poison's TV to computer color matrix change during capture.
    Good call. I have the options of Limited, Full and Off. It is set to Off by default.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    LSMSASHVideoSoure() only works for mp4, m4v, and mov. You need to use LWlibavVideoSource() for MKV.
    Thanks Jagabo, Video renders fine, but how do i enable audio?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post
    LSMSASHVideoSoure() only works for mp4, m4v, and mov. You need to use LWlibavVideoSource() for MKV.
    Code:
    a = LWlibavAudioSource("filename.mkv")
    v = LWlibavVideoSource("filename.mkv")
    AudioDub(v,a)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post
    Code:
    a = LWlibavAudioSource("filename.mkv")
    v = LWlibavVideoSource("filename.mkv")
    AudioDub(v,a)
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Have you played with the "Color Range" setting (page 28 of the English version of the manual)? I think it is designed to do poison's TV to computer color matrix change during capture.
    Good call. I have the options of Limited, Full and Off. It is set to Off by default.
    Try one of the other options and report the results.
    Quote Quote