VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

1)
    I currently use(d) Project-X to demux DvB ts to .mpv/mpa. Then VirtualDubMod and Mpeg2Schnit to CAP/edit these and then DVDlab to master DvDs.
    Having been forced to get a new DVB TV stick (the old one took to smoking and coughed its last), the new one, I'm presented with this new fancy HD stuff (DivX in new clothes?). Anyways I need new software to replace these if possible, otherwise I can stick with mp2.

2)
    My new capture's a Hauppauge stick with WinTV 10. The software goes tilt far too often, and it limits .ts capture to 4GB. I think this is marketing ploy to get me/you/us to purchase a dual or quad capture device. Any ideas.

TIA

Bill too
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Bill 2 View Post
    2)
    My new capture's a Hauppauge stick with WinTV 10.
    Have a look at the DVBViewer https://www.dvbviewer.com/en/index.php?page=home
    Quote Quote  
  3. TIA reply later on...
    Quote Quote  
  4. As I'm unsure what I really need £74 (ALT-GR 4 isn't working bl**dy 8.1) seems a bit OTT. I think I can live with what I know, than what maybe an even worse can of worms.

Thanks anyway

Bill
    Quote Quote  
  5. Argus TV for capture, project x (demuxing) cuttermaran for cutting and muxing
    Last edited by Bonnevue; 5th Aug 2020 at 06:12. Reason: forgot something
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't like Argus TV, try NextPVR for recording. You might also try Cypheros TS-Doctor for editing. It is a frame-accurate TS editor which does not require you to demux your recordings. TS-Doctor is paid software but relatively inexpensive. Sometimes convenience is worth paying for.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Don't know if it fits OP's needs but I've been pleased with DVBCut when I had to edit MPEG-TS videos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ProjectX will only work with SDTV mpeg2 video and won't handle mp4 or HDTV that's why the shift to TSDoctor as it does everything ProjectX did and more..
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    ProjectX will only work with SDTV mpeg2 video and won't handle mp4 or HDTV that's why the shift to TSDoctor as it does everything ProjectX did and more..
    I have to diagree with that statement as in most hd is h264 in that way you are right, but hd mepg2 no problem but since the op was taking about dvd i asume sd mpeg2
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bonnevue View Post
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    I have to diagree with that statement as in most hd is h264 in that way you are right, but hd mepg2 no problem but since the op was taking about dvd i asume sd mpeg2
    Bill 2's initial post indicated that he would like to have new software that is able to work with the HDTV recordings from his new TV stick, if possible.

Originally Posted by Bill 2 View Post
    Having been forced to get a new DVB TV stick (the old one took to smoking and coughed its last), the new one, I'm presented with this new fancy HD stuff (DivX in new clothes?). Anyways I need new software to replace these if possible, otherwise I can stick with mp2.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The OP is speaking of off air TV recordings in the UK ie PAL same as in Australia and Europe. HDTV is normally mpeg4 with 1920 x 1080 resolution with a variety of sound specs from Dolby 5.1 to plain vanilla 2 channel. Standard TV channels are mpeg2 with mp1 audio. ProjectX will not handle HDTV files as it was designed for mpeg2 transport streams ie SDTV TS files. It expects a MPEG2 TS format.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    The OP is speaking of off air TV recordings in the UK ie PAL same as in Australia and Europe. HDTV is normally mpeg4 with 1920 x 1080 resolution with a variety of sound specs from Dolby 5.1 to plain vanilla 2 channel. Standard TV channels are mpeg2 with mp1 audio. ProjectX will not handle HDTV files as it was designed for mpeg2 transport streams ie SDTV TS files. It expects a MPEG2 TS format.
    OK, That's clear to me now, thank you, op could transpose h264 stream to mpeg2 in high quality and cut the mpeg2 then recode it to h264 again. Did that for years until i wrote my own cutting programm for cutiing the original ts/h264 and after that I recode it to h264 with ffmpeg to reduce the filesize.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok, forgot something avi demux works also very good with h264 streams, it all depends on the keyframe, the higher the compression the more inacurate, I work with dvbc and my original streams have average bitratie of at least 6000 kb, no problems, don't know about dvb t2 but it's worth a try
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why bother with multi-program use when one program TSDoctor will do it all in one step? It will clean up any transmission errors, provide easy cutting out of commercials, if any, top and tail and in the process you can deselect any unnecessary tracks like subtitles or audio tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with netmask56's comments. A specialty editor for OTA recordings captured as TS streams, such as TS-Doctor, beat the free alternatives, such as AVIDemux, which fall over when they encounter transmission errors in a TS stream.
    Quote Quote