VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Well everything was going swimmingly well, when AvsPmod decided to spit an error at me when i tried to load up another video (and any avi video for that matter, even ones that loaded fine before)

[Attachment 54349 - Click to enlarge]

Code:
    SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", 2)
    SetFilterMTMode("QTGMC", 2)
    AVISource("F:\Video Files\Video.avi")
    AssumeTFF()
    AssumeFPS(25)
    QTGMC(preset="slow", matchpreset="slow", matchpreset2="slow", sourcematch=3, Lossless=2, TR2=2, EdiThreads=2, border=true)
    Spline36Resize(1280,720)
    Prefetch(5)
    I've updated to the latest version of AvsPmod, but still getting an error. No idea what to do..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you have current version of Zs_RF_Shared.avsi ?
    Code:
    https://github.com/realfinder/AVS-Stuff/raw/master/avs%202.5%20and%20up/Zs_RF_Shared.avsi
    Also check your paths

eg. F:\A Video Files\... is printed in the error message... but that does not match your script F:\Video Files\
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Do you have current version of Zs_RF_Shared.avsi ?
    Code:
    https://github.com/realfinder/AVS-Stuff/raw/master/avs%202.5%20and%20up/Zs_RF_Shared.avsi
    Also check your paths

eg. F:\A Video Files\... is printed in the error message... but that does not match your script F:\Video Files\
    Where can i find the latest version of Zs_RF_Shared.avsi?

And that was a typo, they do both match in AvsPmod.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

Where can i find the latest version of Zs_RF_Shared.avsi?
    The github link is posted above

Or if you prefer
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174121
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Have downloaded and pasted it into the plugin folder, but still no change.

I also meant to note that there's a pop-up error window when i open AvsPmod that says "Error parsing propSet plugin parameters: unknown character 'a'"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

I also meant to note that there's a pop-up error window when i open AvsPmod that says "Error parsing propSet plugin parameters: unknown character 'a'"
    I haven't seen that one before

If things where working "swimmingly well" before - what did you do recently to "break" things ?

Do you get the same error message in vdub2, or mpchc ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

I haven't seen that one before

If things where working "swimmingly well" before - what did you do recently to "break" things ?

Do you get the same error message in vdub2, or mpchc ?
    I didn't do anything, but load a new file into AvsPmod. It was originally an .mp4 file but i decoded it to .avi using Vdub and it always loaded fine before. But then just started saying it doesn't accept RGB files or some nonsense, when the file is clearly a YUV file. Then i updated to the latest version to see if that would help and the error changed to whatever that is in my original post.

And not getting that error in either vdub2 or mpchc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

I didn't do anything, but load a new file into AvsPmod. It was originally an .mp4 file but i decoded it to .avi using Vdub and it always loaded fine before. But then just started saying it doesn't accept RGB files or some nonsense, when the file is clearly a YUV file. Then i updated to the latest version to see if that would help and the error changed to whatever that is in my original post.

avisynth works with RGB, so what was the "nonsense" message ? But some of the filters don't work with RGB

How do you know it's "clearly a YUV file ?" What kind of AVI, what type of compression ?

Try a different source filter - maybe AVISource is returning RGB, or maybe you saved it out as uncompressed RGB

And not getting that error in either vdub2 or mpchc.
    That doesn't make any sense either
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I don't remember the exact message as it doesn't show up since i updated to the latest version of AvsPmod. I don't know if changing back to an older version will make it show up again?

I always make sure to change the pixel format to YUV420 when the default is left on RGB, and export as loseless AVI via Lagarith.

Though here's something interesting i just noticed. AvsPmod is recognising the file as RGB with 24fps.

[Attachment 54356 - Click to enlarge]

And here is the MediaInfo to show it isn't the case.

[Attachment 54357 - Click to enlarge]

The only thing that removes the error is when i take QTGMC out of the equation, but i don't want that. But when i do it then correctly recognises the type of file it is.
    [Attachment 54358 - Click to enlarge]

And changing the source filter does nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post
    I always make sure to change the pixel format to YUV420 when the default is left on RGB, and export as loseless AVI via Lagarith.
    When lagarith is left on "RGB (default)" it actually uses the input colorspace . eg. If it's fed YV12, output is YV12 , assumuing "full recompress" was not selected

Though here's something interesting i just noticed. AvsPmod is recognising the file as RGB with 24fps.

768x126 is weird too

What do you get with AVISource() only ? Or other source filter only , such as FFVideoSource() only , or LWLibavVideoSource() only

The only thing that removes the error is when i take QTGMC out of the equation, but i don't want that. But when i do it then correctly recognises the type of file it is.
    Maybe you're using mismatched versions of scripts and plugins. Try updating QTGMC and the prerequisites, or downgrading everything to around the same time

But you're saying the script works ok in vdub2, or mpchc ? It doesn't make any sense. Are you mixing up x86, x64 versions ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    768x126 is weird too

What do you get with AVISource() only ? Or other source filter only , such as FFVideoSource() only , or LWLibavVideoSource() only
    AVISource() only loads fine. FFVideoSource() and LWLibavVideoSource() loads the avi after a bit of hesitation. But with QTGMC on, always get the same error either way.

But you're saying the script works ok in vdub2, or mpchc ? It doesn't make any sense. Are you mixing up x86, x64 versions ?
    Oh opening the script in the programs you mean. I don't tend to load scripts in those two but yes getting the exact same error in both.

[Attachment 54359 - Click to enlarge]

EDIT: Well i'll be damned. Downgraded the version of AviSynsth+ to the one i had before seems to have fixed it, and the previous existing problem has magically disappeared. Is it important to keep versions updated to the latest as had this one since January and wondering if there has been any significant fixes since then?
    Last edited by Master Tape; 4th Aug 2020 at 09:50.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

EDIT: Well i'll be damned. Downgraded the version of AviSynsth+ to the one i had before seems to have fixed it, and the previous existing problem has magically disappeared. Is it important to keep versions updated to the latest as had this one since January and wondering if there has been any significant fixes since then?

Yes, many fixes. The majority are "housekeeping" issues, but a few of them are significant . You can look at the commits made to the master on github
    Quote Quote