VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Was working fine last night. Today, nothing. Just silence. There don't appear to be any audio channels on the capture device for some reason, as per the screenshot. Audio captures in VDub but VDub refuses to apply any of the USB-Live2's proc amp settings which is why I've been using AmarecTV.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-07-31 16.29.01.png
Views:	9
Size:	510.9 KB
ID:	54294  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not a program I use (quite happy with either the default Hauppauge program or vdub) but I just tried it.

From the screen-cap you will see some other audio options. I was able to capture a video with sound both from the first (analog audio-in) and Hauppauge video-in.

Just wondering if your Windows Audio Recording devices have been reset. Compare the left image with what you see on your system.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Amarec.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	54302  

Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There was a Windows update, when I booted up today it insisted I set up Edge. So it could have messed with other settings.

The only audio option that even had channels was Line In and I got no audio that way either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    System restore fixed it.

Internet disabled. Not letting that happen again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And I'll bet my last shilling that you never even looked at the Windows Audio settings as I illustrated (albeit for Win7) to see what was stated as the default recording device.

Pretty pointless in trying to help if you just ignore the suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I could tell - it's laid out completely differently in Win10 - the Hauppauge wasn't listed at all.

Given that the problem has been resolved, I'm not sure what you're upset about.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a matter of politeness to acknowledge the response. Even if it does not actually assist directly. Looking at some webpages the wording/access in Win10 may be different but there will still be a default audio recording device. And if my USB-Live 2 is not plugged in it is does show either.
    Quote Quote