VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Cat Loving Old Fart
    Search PM
    One of the best things about videohelp.com are the software reviews when the reviewer has taken the time to properly review a program. Unfortunately too often the reviews are nothing more than something to the equivalent to "This program sux." This is often followed by another message from another individual saying that the program is great and that the first reviewer is a (fill in the blank with a derogatory statement) and they should do something that is physically impossible and/or disgusting. And then it is repeat as necessary.
    I'm finding that I have been reporting so-called reviews almost every time I return to the site. The reviews for the well respected program AviDemux has been particularly trashed as of late. I think it would be in the best interest for all serious users here if the reviews could be screened by someone before they get posted to the site. Also, it appears that reviews can be written by anyone using whatever name they choose at the moment. Reviews should be limited to registered users who have agreed to the site rules under penalty of banning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    generating enough cash from the few ads here is probably hard enough to just keep the site afloat. hiring people to screen posts/reviews is most likely out there....
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cat Loving Old Fart
    Search PM
    There is someone there already to remove the reported reviews so that person could do it preemptively. There aren't that many reviews done in an average day as to be a burden on anyone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. - Current review standard is poor. Maybe if reviews were user rated, with the top review presented first, there would be an incentive for better reviews.
    - Rating is actually more useful (for established apps at least) than someones review.

A great feature from videohelp main page is the new software releases list. I hate that this list is being polluted by notifications of mostly irrelevant user reviews.
    Quote Quote