VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 1. How can I setup automatic profiles relative to video resolution and FPS?

Example:

If video resolution is equal to or greater than 1280 x 720 and less than 1920 x 1080, use profile "720p30."

2. How can I properly integrate shaders?

I added Anime4K and FSRCNNX to %appdata%/roaming/mpv.net/shaders.

I tried the following lines in mpv.conf:

a.
    Code:
    glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Denoise_Bilateral_Mode.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_DarkLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_ThinLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_M_x2_Deblur.glsl"
    b.
    Code:
    glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Denoise_Bilateral_Mode.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_DarkLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_ThinLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_M_x2_Deblur.glsl;~~/shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
    c.
    Code:
    glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
    d.
    Code:
    glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Denoise_Bilateral_Mode.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_DarkLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_ThinLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_M_x2_Deblur.glsl"
    glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
    a seems to only partially work. The result is different from what the author's screenshot at the bottom of this page displays. Neither b, c, nor d work at all.

3. How can I eliminate judder resulting from playing, for example, 24 FPS video on 60 Hz monitors or televisions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Add this to your conf
    Code:
    ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?720][fps<=?30]+bestaudio/best
    2. Did you try the workaround given in anime4K instructions? if not try changing gpu-api to OpenGL or Vulkan (There should be an option in mpv.net interface).
    if not there, add this
    Code:
    gpu-api=opengl
    or
    Code:
    gpu-api=vulkan
    3. Enable display resample under video sync options in mpv.net interface or in mpv.conf
    Code:
    video-sync=display-resample
    If still not satifised with the results, add this to mpv.conf:
    Code:
    interpolation=yes
    tscale=oversample
    . There are many tscale (interpolation) filters, experiment with them as per your taste.

Interpolation is not usually recommended since many interpolation algorithms tend to mess (blur or occasionally artifacts) original video IMO. Oversample is only one i found to have least problems for my eyes, as it doesn't affect perceived fps and the easiest to compute. That being said, interpolation is extremely based on personal taste, so be sure to test various filters as per instructions in mpv manual, if you are going down that path.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1. Could you elaborate?

Code:
    input-default-bindings = no
    input-ar-delay = 500
    input-ar-rate = 20
    keep-open = yes
    keep-open-pause = no
    osd-duration = 2000
    osd-playing-msg = '${filename}'
    script-opts = osc-scalewindowed=1.5,osc-hidetimeout=2000,console-scale=1
    screenshot-directory = '~~desktop/'
    hwdec = yes
    glsl-shaders = "~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_L_x2_Denoise.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Auto_Downscale_Pre_x4.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Deblur_DoG.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_DarkLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_ThinLines_HQ.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_M_x2_Deblur.glsl"
    # Editor

[protocol.https]
    osd-playing-msg = '${media-title}'
    That is my current config. I want to add the following automatic profiles:

Code:
    a. If video resolution is less than 1280 x 720, use profile 480p30.
    b. If video resolution is equal to or greater than 1280 x 720 and less than 1920 x 1080, use profile 720p30.
    c. If video resolution is equal to 1920 x 1080, use profile 108030.
    I want to use different settings and shaders for each automatic profile. I am trying to imitate madVR's profile auto select rules feature.

2. It is working now, though I did not change anything as far as I know, but I discovered inconsistencies between my old and new computers and video resolutions. Anime4K works with any GPU API and video resolution on my old computer, which has a Q6700 and GTX 1060; but it causes videos to green screen at some video resolutions when I use d3d11 on my new computer, which has a Ryzen 9 3900X and RTX 2080.

3. Okay, I will experiment with it.
    Quote Quote