VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wish to be able to edit srt files residing on my local network N.A.S. Subtitle edit opens the srt fine but will not open the video.
    What am I missing, is there a way to open the video file?
    Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you using a mapped (drive letter) network share? For example "N:\folder\filename.ext" vs. "\\Server\folder\filename.ext". If the latter try the former.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I am indeed using a mapped network share. The latest Subtitle edit update 3.5.16 behaves the same. I tried opening the video before the srt, the same. The work around is to copy every thing to an onboard HDD. Such is software life!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Upon further investigation it seems that some setting, which I cannot find in subtitle edit is preventing video display. The window opens and closes normally.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have an older version, 3.3.7 rev. 1971. It has no problems showing videos on network shares. Both directly via network address and via a mapped drive (Win10).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your suggestions. After more looking I set video player under subtitle edit\options\settings\video player to MPC-HC and all is fine. DirectShow (quartz.dll) must be damaged so I'll run sfc
    Quote Quote