VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i render some videos(50) by mistake in resolution 1920 by 1070, but actually wanted 1920 by 1080.
    is there any software to correct this, i dont want to re render it, clearly i dont have that much time, i calculated it takes days.
    need a program to do that,should be quick.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can change the video display resolution/AR in mkvtoolnix without reencoding (works for x264 in .mkv). It's likely possible to batch this. This is also possible in x264/mp4 (avidemux Mp4 Muxer > Configure).
    This will result in a less than 1% AR error which will not be noticeable in practice.

Please note: the player has to support this feature (mpc-hc does), the real video resolution hasn't changed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    You can change the video display resolution/AR in mkvtoolnix without reencoding (works for x264 in .mkv). It's likely possible to batch this. This is also possible in x264/mp4 (avidemux Mp4 Muxer > Configure).
    This will result in a less than 1% AR error which will not be noticeable in practice.

Please note: the player has to support this feature (mpc-hc does), the real video resolution hasn't changed.
    hi
    thanks
    but it didnt work, can you make tutorial or tell me more
    Quote Quote  
  4. What do you mean by it didn't work ?

a 10pixels error on vertical resolution is barely visible in the first place.
    With the proposed correction the video first gets resized to 1902x1070 in mpc-hc and then fills a 1920x1080p screen with no black border (Checked with Win+PrnScr Screenshot).
    Quote Quote  
  5. r u saying after start multiplexing we have to drag that file in file header and change video frame and height and save it(i youtube it).
    Quote Quote  
  6. 1. The error being small enough, your video might be fine as is, depending on your purpose.

2. When you view a video, the video player can force the viewing Aspect Ratio: mpc-hc View>Video Frame>Aspect Ratio>16:9.
    By specifying the x264 video stream Aspect Ratio in the multiplexer properties before saving, you instruct the player to do this stretching automatically.

3. If what you really need is a 1920x1080 video, there is no alternative to re-encoding (preferably from the original source material).
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok
    but i cant find the batch thing work.
    how batch thing done?(i dont wanna manually put values each time)
    Quote Quote  
  8. the base command is :
    "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge" -o output.mkv --aspect-ratio 0:16/9 input.mp4

For a windows batch file, look at .bat files for ffmpeg as an example if you have difficulties.
    Save the bat file in the same directory as the input files and run it.

echo off
    REM it's actually easier than using the GUI to change AR

for %%f in ("*.mp4") do (
    echo fname: %%f
    echo.
    "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%~nf_out.mkv" --aspect-ratio 0:16/9 %%f
    )

REM Press any key to continue . . .
    pause
    Quote Quote