VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this isn't technically video, but I was trying to download this audio stream over on Mixcloud.

I know I've done this before using Youtube-dl-gui, but I have been unsuccessful the last few times I've tried, so I thought I'd ask here. The site in question is:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/PopSongsMixtape/pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-k...y-17-2020-001/.

I thought I read that youtube-dl could download from Mixcloud, but maybe I was wrong. Any tips would be super cool.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just use youtube-dl like this - youtube-dl https://www.mixcloud.com/PopSongsMixtape/pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-k...y-17-2020-001/
    make sure that you have the latest version of youtube-dl-gui installed.
    Last edited by october262; 22nd Jul 2020 at 01:56.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have been unsuccessful the last few times I've tried...
    Try YDL-UI

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sysanin View Post
    I have been unsuccessful the last few times I've tried...
    Try YDL-UI

Thanks for the help from both of you. However, I got the same error message whether I used a simple command prompt or YDL-UI (at first). I posted it below.

The screenshot appears to show that the audio was successfully downloaded, but I couldn't successfully do it. The error message I got from using a command prompt or YDL-UI was:

[mixcloud] PopSongsMixtape_pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-k...y-17-2020-001: Downloading JSON metadata
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "__main__.py", line 19, in <module>
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\ytdl-org\tmpspbsbtmq\build\youtube_dl\__init__.py", line 474, in main
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\ytdl-org\tmpspbsbtmq\build\youtube_dl\__init__.py", line 464, in _real_main
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\ytdl-org\tmpspbsbtmq\build\youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.py", line 2019, in download
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\ytdl-org\tmpspbsbtmq\build\youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.py", line 797, in extract_info
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\ytdl-org\tmpspbsbtmq\build\youtube_dl\extractor\common. py", line 530, in extract
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\ytdl-org\tmpspbsbtmq\build\youtube_dl\extractor\mixclou d.py", line 131, in _real_extract
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Then I moved the folder location of YDL-DL and got this:

[mixcloud] PopSongsMixtape_pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-know-about-july-17-2020-001: Downloading JSON metadata
    [mixcloud] PopSongsMixtape_pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-know-about-july-17-2020-001: Downloading m3u8 information
    WARNING: Failed to download m3u8 information: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)>
    [mixcloud] PopSongsMixtape_pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-know-about-july-17-2020-001: Downloading MPD manifest
    WARNING: Failed to download MPD manifest: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)>
    ERROR: unable to download video data: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)>

I'm using the most current version of youtube-dl when using youtube-dl-gui, YDL-DL and running from the command prompt.

I'm guessing maybe it is something on my end, but I'm not sure. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. youtube-dl --no-check-certificate "https://www.mixcloud.com/PopSongsMixtape/pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-know-about-july-17-2020-001/"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    youtube-dl --no-check-certificate "https://www.mixcloud.com/PopSongsMixtape/pop-songs-your-new-boyfriends-too-stupid-to-know-about-july-17-2020-001/"
    Thank you! The "no-check-certificate" worked great.

I appreciate everyone's help.
    Quote Quote