VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Are there any non-smart TVs being sold in 2020? Just curious. I'm really not enjoying how much faster they die or all the garbage they come pre-loaded with. Let me put it to you this way. My 2006 Plasma HD TV which is no longer made is still shining brightly and beautifully while my 2017 Sony smart TV just blew up due to a firm ware update that was incompatible with my new 4K blu-ray player. Either that or the 8 million thunder storm power outages destroyed it. But it didn't destroy my non-smart Plasma TV lol.

Anyway, regardless, any non-smart TVs still being sold in the US?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't been to Off-topic for a while.

I took a quick look at Best Buy's TV listings. I found 5 Insignia models that are non-smart TVs. I didn't notice any non-smart models listed under the other brands.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Indeed, smart TVs have captured almost the entire market. It seems to me that a non-smart TV will soon be impossible to find. And this is not a very funny outcome of events.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I haven't been to Off-topic for a while.

I took a quick look at Best Buy's TV listings. I found 5 Insignia models that are non-smart TVs. I didn't notice any non-smart models listed under the other brands.
    Thank you so much! I appreciate the information. Good for you for finding them! Bravo!
    Quote Quote  
  5. No reason that forces you to use the "smart" features or even connect it to your network if you don't want to.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Lorenzoi
    Yes, they are sold in some parts of the world, where technology is not that advanced.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It appears that Sceptre is another brand that still produces non-smart TVs. Sceptre makes a non-smart 55" Class 4K UHD LED HDR TV, Model# U550CV-U
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's true they are really hard to come by nowadays, especially in local electronic shops.

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It appears that Sceptre is another brand that still produces non-smart TVs. Sceptre makes a non-smart 55" Class 4K UHD LED HDR TV, Model# U550CV-U
    Vizio is another brand i can think of without the smart feature. They have various models.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I think in other and some parts of the world, they still sell non-smart TVs... But i feel that they will no longer offer non-smart TVs in the future
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rain26 View Post
    I think in other and some parts of the world, they still sell non-smart TVs... But i feel that they will no longer offer non-smart TVs in the future
    I also think that we won't find non-smart TVs soon, except for the used ones, of course.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Insignia has limited options. Buy a smartTV and don't hook it up to the internet or get a projector.
    Quote Quote