VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Having a hard time identifying this car from the pictures. Can anyone help shade light on what the make is? These are screenshots from a security video clip, and I took the snapshots while 1) The car took off driving [tail only] 2) the car was at a stop (tail and break light), and 3) the car shifting from parked to drive while breaking (all lights)

1) When only the Tail light is ON
    2) When the Break light and Tail lights are ON
    3) When the Reverse, Break and Tail lights are ON
    Image Attached Images      
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If the image were truly stationary (aka both cam & car/subject are static), you MIGHT be able to do an HDR-based composite using average or median or stitching/stacking or differencing, etc. Then you MIGHT be able to tonemap the image so there is sufficient local contrast in the area of the license plate. And IF you had enough resolution/pixel density in the area of the license plate, you MIGHT be able convolve the area with a variety of smoothing/nr and sharpening methods, and maybe even edge detection, to be able to utilize OCR or maybe even have it visually recognizable.

But I sincerely doubt it.

GIGO

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 12th Jul 2020 at 20:30.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Cornucopia, its actually a screenshot from a security video recording. Its one of those Blink brand cameras which I believe has a not-that-good night vision, so I also doubt processing the screenshots your way would provide any usable clue, so I guess I should be looking for someone to just look at the shape of the car characteristics and try to identify the make/model/year kind of details.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Looks like a BMX X5 to me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Looks like a BMX X5 to me.
    Good one but the one on the pic looks like it has a fastback style than X5... so more like an X6 maybe
    Quote Quote