VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Camcorder is a GZ-HD500BU and the version of Everio Mediabrowser I am using is 2.02.108. I've attached a picture where you can see the videos on the calendar, but when I click one I get the message (failed importing)

The video files are already on my computer, in the C:\Users\Administrator\videos\evermediabrowserHD/HDDCAM directory, just I can not play them from Everio MediaBrowser, I get that message, nor can I backup more videos to my computer

My Windows version is Windows 10 Professional and My Processor is an Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20 Ghz, I did buy this however back when I had Windows XP back in 2008 or 2007. I just like the calendar format and want to clear some videos off my camcorder and have them playable from the calendar

But, if there is another program that can put them in this calendar format, I suppose I could use that. The feature to copy the videos to the above directory where they are viewable in Everio Mediabrowser is built into my camera and selectable on my screen. If I could just select that directory manually where I move them to and it must read something in the files to put them on the proper day and time.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	everiomdfailedimporting.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	54109  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why do you need calender format? if you put them in any windows folder you can sort them by date.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    why do you need calender format? if you put them in any windows folder you can sort them by date.
    Personal preference, really it let me know the date and TIME. I like the format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your Everio Mediabrowser version is now at 2.02.223.
    Try to update, maybe this resolves the problem. See here: http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/jvc/mediabrowser/e/mediabrowser_hd_2/download.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. The version my CD that came with my camcorder installs oEverio Mediabrowser is 2.02.106. The Camcorder is a JVC HD500BU. According to this- http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/jvc/mediabrowser/e/ the highest version of Mediabrowser supported by my camcorder is one that starts with a 2. No versions that start with a number higher than 2 will work with it.

I was able to install the update to upgrade from .106 to .108, however after that is installed I can not use the next one to upgrade from .108 to 2.02.2xx it says 108 is not compatible with it and needs to be uninstalled before I can install that. Installing 2.02.2xx after .106 wil not work either.

I don’t know if I have the geolocation feature it mentions one of the updates is for, I don’t really much care about it, Just I want to be able to watch my videos from the calendar and to put them on the calendar

The feature to put the pics on the calendar is built into my camcorder on one of it’s menu choices.

Like I was saying, it sees something in the directory it finds the video files it and knows where to put them on the calendar. I'd like to know what data it is reading, if I could just dump the video files into a folder and have the program read them and put them on the right place on the calendar that would be good too, if there's another similar program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I found your post while looking for the same thing. I know that there is a text file somewhere that links all of the video and picture files to the calendar. I've edited in the past when I moved all of the video and picture files to a new drive. Rather than re-importing everything back into Everio I just edited the text file and found/replaced the location data and then POOF, all of my videos and pictures were back in the calendar. If I can find it I'll put it here. Just in case you still care 2 years later...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was so glad to find your post. This problem has been going on for literally years. I thought of (even though I didn't want to) buying a new camcorder.

Anyway, today I tried putting more videos on the calendar from my camcorder, and it worked! But, I'm still having the same problem trying to play them from the calendar, the failed importing message. In this image I'm posting, you can see the new videos, the first one starting with 142. The thumbnails for calendar videos before that have an exclamation point. This is because I semi-gave up and figured it was never going to be fixed and moved all my video files on my main hard drive to an external HD drive. However, I think I can easily put them back if I know the time and date they were taken. Obviously those ones won't work until I put them back in the directory the new ones are in. Even with the new ones I put on it today, I get the failed importing message

Again, It does show the files on the calendar, I just can't play them from the calendar but doubling clicking their thumbnail/images and get that message. I'm hoping THIS is what you have found the solution to. I'm not trying to import them like it somehow thinks, just play them from the calendar. And, yes I would very much like to know what I have to edit to get that to work again.

[Attachment 67890 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by videofan70; 28th Nov 2022 at 15:45. Reason: need to add something
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by videofan70 View Post
    My Camcorder is a GZ-HD500BU and the version of Everio Mediabrowser I am using is 2.02.108. I've attached a picture where you can see the videos on the calendar, but when I click one I get the message (failed importing)

The video files are already on my computer, in the C:\Users\Administrator\videos\evermediabrowserHD/HDDCAM directory, just I can not play them from Everio MediaBrowser, I get that message, nor can I backup more videos to my computer

My Windows version is Windows 10 Professional and My Processor is an Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20 Ghz, I did buy this however back when I had Windows XP back in 2008 or 2007. I just like the calendar format and want to clear some videos off my camcorder and have them playable from the calendar

But, if there is another program that can put them in this calendar format, I suppose I could use that. The feature to copy the videos to the above directory where they are viewable in Everio Mediabrowser is built into my camera and selectable on my screen. If I could just select that directory manually where I move them to and it must read something in the files to put them on the proper day and time.
    Everio Mediabrowser creates a database at the first startup, where the imported videos are added and sorted.
    This database is corrupted in your case.

A professional could repair this database and make it work again. But this might be expensive.

I think there can be a simpler solution though.
    First of all you need to copy all videos in
    C:\Users\Administrator\videos\evermediabrowserHD\H DDCAM
    somewhere, as a backup.

After that you should open Everio Mediabrowser and delete all listed videos and entries.

Then quit the program and delete the HDDCAM folder.
    It will probably be restored automatically the next time you start the program.

Then restart Everio Mediabrowser and import the backed up videos.
    The database will be recreated and should work again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. [QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by videofan70 View Post
    My Camcorder is a GZ-HD500BU and the version of Everio Mediabrowser I am using is 2.02.108. I've attached a picture where you can see the videos on the calendar, but when I click one I get the message (failed importing)

<<Everio Mediabrowser creates a database at the first startup, where the imported videos are added and sorted.
    This database is corrupted in your case.>>
    Yes

<<A professional could repair this database and make it work again. But this might be expensive.>>
    I did email pixela (that makes everio medibrowser) about it, they have me some pretty complex instructions I never finished. They weren't exactly clear what was causing the problem

<<I think there can be a simpler solution though.
    First of all you need to copy all videos in
    C:\Users\Administrator\videos\evermediabrowserHD\H DDCAM
    somewhere, as a backup.>>
    I put back all the videos I took out that had exclamation points then followed your instructions further..........backup up the HDD folder and everything in it.

<<After that you should open Everio Mediabrowser and delete all listed videos and entries.>>
    I did this

<<Then quit the program and delete the HDDCAM folder.
    It will probably be restored automatically the next time you start the program.>>
    I deleted the folder, but it did NOT recreate it when I started everio mediabrowser again. However, what I did was manually create the folder again.

<<Then restart Everio Mediabrowser and import the backed up videos.>>
    There is a button on my camera when I open the viewfinder in which it shows me the camera itself as a drive, and my flash drive, maybe there is a feature to explore and pick videos. Simply copying time/date folder with the videos back into the HDD directory will have them showing on the calendar with no exclamation point, but I still get the failed importing message when I try to play the video from the calendar. The camera went dead, so I cam charging it right now.

I created a system restore point when all the videos were showing without exclamation points before I deleted the videos and the HDD folder in case some issue happened. I may use it.

I realized I really DON'T need to play them from the calendar, but the calendar even lacking that feature serves a purpose in that it tells me the data and time they happened. I could just open the folder and play them that way. They still play, just again, can't get them to play from the calendar
    Quote Quote  
  10. Despite having this problem for a long time now, years I still would like to fix it.

I did, however go look newer camcorders at best buy where I had gotten this one. All of them were of similiar size, maybe a little different, but very very expensive, $800 or more. This one only cost a couple/few hundred.

Why is this? Is it because mostly now people take pictures and video with their smart phones? Even though my camera is 13 years old, how does that compare with smart phone video. I know my camcorder is older, but it is specifically for the purpose of taking video, whereas a smart phone can take video, but that it not it's primary purpose, even if they are much newer. I'm guessing a smart phone might have a problem taking HOURS of video, most are short.

Since the option to move to the calendar is BUILT IN to the camcorder, I don't know the way to manually do it. Doesn't video storage still use a calendar format like this? There must be something in data that tells it where to put it. If I could do it manually at least that would be something.

I may hire someone to do a remote session talking to pixela via email to get this fixed if I really have to...................
    Quote Quote