VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am not exactly sure what this would be called, but VirtualDub2 when opening h264 content randomly has the video turning grey and blocking after just showing it perfectly.

I noticed that for an online IPTV recording that a 720P Stream that VDub2 seems to be the only editor that I can find so far that will actually keep A/V sync with the files.

AVIDemux loses the A/V sync all the time with them.

[Attachment 54103 - Click to enlarge]

I thought maybe it was only in VDub that this grey shows, but you see some of it in the output file. Seeking a few times clears it up but seeking very fast causes the grey to show up more often.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably some corruption in the file and subsequent decode errors.
    You can take a look at the file details with mediainfo, also may be worth remuxing in MKVtoolnix GUI,
    sometimes that helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try using a different source filter. What container are the files you're having problems with? Many programs have trouble with random seeks in transport streams.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Try using a different source filter. What container are the files you're having problems with? Many programs have trouble with random seeks in transport streams.
    It seems to do it with h264 MPEG4 TS files whether you have them in a TS or mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, I think I may have made some progress.

I got AVISynth+ going with K-Lite and it seems the grey video is completely gone when I seek.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well it turns out thst I only have a half solution now.

Using FFMPEG SOURCE with AVISynth+ for a fact fixes the grey video issue in VDub2 and output.

Now though, and same issue on Avidemux, is the audio for the first few minutes or cut segments (after commercial removal) is perfect, but the later segments randomly get a slow A/V sync where the video is fine but audio is lagging behind to where the show continues but part of commercial audio still plays.
    Quote Quote