VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search PM
    Also,not sure why the OP needs to have those detailed recommendations reiterated yet again when this forum is rife with longstanding recommendations, with overall fairly good consensus.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Also,not sure why the OP needs to have those detailed recommendations reiterated yet again when this forum is rife with longstanding recommendations, with overall fairly good consensus.
    Scott
    Lack of reading. But due to volume of info, maybe missed, not intentional or due to laziness.
    I'm generally more lenient with something like this, depends on situation.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 20th Jul 2020 at 22:12.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I vote for denial and creator's remorse. The OP completely ignored the majority of posts offering advice and correcting his statements.

Only when faced with the reality that his: "Here is what I think is the VERY BEST way to digitize old 8mm, Hi-8, VCR/VHS ANALOG tapes to a digital file on a PC hard drive." was in fact not the best did he counter asking me for an alternative method that is no longer available to him as he's tossed the tapes.

We've been down this road many times before and unfortunately will go down it many more. I'll try my best to refrain from additional walls of text and just point to this thread. Which I why I decided to put it all down in one place.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am gonna add just one observation/comment to this.

The OP has somewhat come to his senses and is not going to attempt to put this archive online.

The 'Master Plan' is now to give each family member a nice new 8tb external HDD stuffed with content.

My Q. to anyone who cares to read and respond. What would your initial reaction be to this gift ?. I know what mine would be. And the answer has the letters F,A and T in it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Children - Thanks Dad. Now what am I supposed to do with this? *Closet* Oh you're coming over? Quick, find that drive and hook it up, Dad's coming!

Grandchildren - Thanks Grandpa. Woot! An 8TB drive to save MY stuff on! *Format*

Great Grandchildren - Thanks whoever you are? 8TB? That's the size of one game!

That said. +1 to the OP for doing the right thing and distributing the backups.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great Great Grandchildren - What's a hard drive and why is it so big? Oooooo...what's that sound? *Shakes the drive* Ooooo...it feels funny when you move it around in your hand!

Great Great Great Grandchildren - Why does it have two tails (power and USB cord)? Ohhhh...Grandpa is this a mouse from the 2020's????
    Quote Quote