VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am suddenly getting an error with Virtualdub when trying to export image sequences. I use this to try to match frames from different DVDs (I just use the snapshot fuction in VLC when capping but not comparing) and have used it for years. I open the d2v in Virtualdub as an avisynth file and mark the frame I want to export. Today when I export I get "cannot open file'filename.png'": access is denied". I'm using Virtualdub 1.9.11 which is outdated but is not limited in anything I need to do. I haven't used it for a few months but I don't think I have forgotten anything. The avisynth file opens without problems.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vderror.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	54068  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vderror1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	54069  

Quote Quote  
  2. Is the file opened by another process or exists the file already?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No. The file it cannot open is supposed to be created by exporting the image sequence. The only workaround I have found is a little cumbersome but I'm just using copying output frame to clipboard and pasting into Paint.NET and saving.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Windows isn't allowing VirtualDub to create a file in the selected location. Try somewhere else.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Never had a problem saving to Pictures folder before. I tried other folders and get the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You might have turned on Windows controlled folders. I recommend it to be turned on but you need to add some executables to the allowed program list.
    Quote Quote