VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I love this feature loaded great sounding player. The remote is an ergonomic masterpiece and lets me access so many features (e.g advanced zoom control!).

But how dumb that while it lets you teach it to control numerous brands of vintage TVs, including the TV’s volume control, unlike my Oppo BDP-95, it doesn’t let you control the analog stereo output level feeding my power amp (which has no remote).

Are there any universal remotes under $150. that can do this? And, if I ever wanted to add a pair of power subwoofers, could the remote also control the player’s analog subwoofer output levels?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what's the name of the power amp and did it have a remote in the first place ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dped91 View Post
    But how dumb that while it lets you teach it to control numerous brands of vintage TVs, including the TV’s volume control, unlike my Oppo BDP-95, it doesn’t let you control the analog stereo output level feeding my power amp (which has no remote).

Are there any universal remotes under $150. that can do this? And, if I ever wanted to add a pair of power subwoofers, could the remote also control the player’s analog subwoofer output levels?
    I don't think you can get a universal remote to control the analog audio output levels for the DVD player itself. There is no indication that remote codes exist for your player to directly control its analog stereo output levels.

I took a look at the JVC XV-NA70BK DVD player's manual. It appears that the ability to control analog audio output levels is only available from the DVD player's AUDIO Menu settings (see p. 38 in the PDF manual available from JVC's website)

The included remote control includes just 2 sets of volume controls and neither set affects the DVD player itself. One set of volume buttons can control the volume on the connected TV, and one can control the volume on a connected JVC amplifier or connected JVC receiver.

Last edited by usually_quiet; 5th Jul 2020 at 19:16. Reason: clarity
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. My power amp is a First Watt F4. It's certainly not remote controllable; not even any level controls. It's biased Class A so I keep it powered off between uses. Thanks for checking the player's manual though I did that long ago. After years of procrastinating circumstances are finally compelling me to shop for a good stereo DAC; possibly something used in the $4K range. That will give me all the control I need with the JVC player.
    Quote Quote