VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Recently, I've been noticing choppy video playback during certain parts of certain videos. By choppy, I mean that I get the impression that the frame rate, at times, is 2-3 fps. It seems pronounced during medium-speed pans or when something is moving across the frame at medium speed. This happens on my TV (playing YouTube videos over an Amazon Fire TV Cube with 40 mbps Internet), and also on my quite modern and fast PC (6-core AMD, 32 GB RAM, solid state drive, GTX 1080 video card), and also on my relatively good and recent laptop. In all cases, I'm viewing 1080 video. I can't imagine any reason at all that any of these devices shouldn't easily be able to play back 24 fps or 30 fps video.

I've observed this phenomenon on raw video clips that I've shot, on exported videos that I've edited, and on videos published by high-end production outfits, such as the "Aerial America" series produced by Smithsonian, an excellent series available on YouTube.

The fact that I'm seeing this in high-end videos produced by Smithsonian (viewed on a television) makes me think it's not my video editing, and the fact that I'm seeing the same thing when viewing clips on my own quite-high-end computer makes me think it's not my hardware.

What in the world is going on here?

Thanks,
    Jay
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL who the f*** could possibly know. maybe you're haunted by a video hater. dumbest post i've seen in years.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. What player, filters, ... do you use? Can you upload a sample file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. @ aedipuss
    LOL who the f*** could possibly know. maybe you're haunted by a video hater. dumbest post i've seen in years.
    You, sir, seem to be a nice f***! (Fellow of course. Anyway they're synonyms according to George Carlin.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    dumbest post i've seen in years.
    Really?
    Even more than DVDs in ziplocks, super-double-secret capturing equipment, or love threads to banned members?

Where've you been 'puss?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote