VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been searching high and low for a 64bit filter similar to the Delogo 32bit filter but can't find one. Does anyone know of one?
    I would use VDub 32bit but that just crashes anytime I try to do a conversion with "An out-of-bounds memory access" error wheras the 64bit works fine... but I need that Delogo filter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Thanks but I'm using VirtualDub2 x64 and as far as I know I can't use Avisynth filters - well not easily anyway and I'm also using a filter chain in VDub which I believe would make that impossible. Thanks anyway.

The source code for Delogo 1.3.2 so I may look into how easy it is to recompile it for x64....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you played around with all of Windows "emulation" modes? I'm thinking of virtual XP mode from Microsoft, or opening a command line and typing: corflags "path and name of the exe" /32BITPREF32+.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Have you played around with all of Windows "emulation" modes? I'm thinking of virtual XP mode from Microsoft, or opening a command line and typing: corflags "path and name of the exe" /32BITPREF32+.
    That's a good suggestion - I'll give that a try now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
    Thanks but I'm using VirtualDub2 x64 and as far as I know I can't use Avisynth filters
    You could create a Avisnth script and use this in VirtualDub2 x64
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
    Thanks but I'm using VirtualDub2 x64 and as far as I know I can't use Avisynth filters
    You could create a Avisnth script and use this in VirtualDub2 x64
    Thanks but create the Avisynth script to do what exactly?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you played around with all of Windows "emulation" modes? I'm thinking of virtual XP mode from Microsoft, or opening a command line and typing: corflags "path and name of the exe" /32BITPREF32+.
    Corflags is coming up as unrecognised, where do I need to open the command prompt?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
    Corflags is coming up as unrecognised, where do I need to open the command prompt?
    It's a .NET Framework utility. Google it and you'll find it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
    I've been searching high and low for a 64bit filter similar to the Delogo 32bit filter but can't find one. Does anyone know of one?
    I've never seen a 64 bit version. But I haven't used VirtualDub (any version) for filtering or encoding in ages. Only for checking AviSynth scripts.

I downloaded the source and managed to build the 32 bit version with a modern compiler (the filter is almost 20 years old). But I'm having troubles making a 64 bit build. I may take another look over the next few days.

I would use VDub 32bit but that just crashes anytime I try to do a conversion with "An out-of-bounds memory access" error wheras the 64bit works fine... but I need that Delogo filter.
    This may be a problem in one of the 3rd party filters. Try removing all the filters from the plugins and plugins32 folders and see if it runs properly -- obviously, you won't have access to any filters. If VirtualDub is running properly at that point, try adding a few of the plugins and see if it still runs. Keep adding filters until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

Are you using VirtualDub or VirtualDub2? Whichever on you're using, try the other one.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I've never seen a 64 bit version. But I haven't used VirtualDub (any version) for filtering or encoding in ages. Only for checking AviSynth scripts.

I downloaded the source and managed to build the 32 bit version with a modern compiler (the filter is almost 20 years old). But I'm having troubles making a 64 bit build. I may take another look over the next few days.

This may be a problem in one of the 3rd party filters. Try removing all the filters from the plugins and plugins32 folders and see if it runs properly -- obviously, you won't have access to any filters. If VirtualDub is running properly at that point, try adding a few of the plugins and see if it still runs. Keep adding filters until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

Are you using VirtualDub or VirtualDub2? Whichever on you're using, try the other one.
    Thanks for taking a look. I'm using VDub2 but I tried it with the older VDub and I get exactly the same error. I did get Corflag and tried the /32+ parameter but just got an error with that as well.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have searched very much too but i couldn't find because creator of this filter doesn't interest anymore with this filter.
    Luckly he shared him project source files. I have tried to convert that project from 32 bit to 64 bit long time ago but i couldn't get it. But i tried one more time after years and finally i can get it convert. I have tested on VirtualDub latest relase and VirtdualDub 2 with only repair mode. I couldn't test with blend mode for alpha channel logos but i think it can work with this mode too.
    As a result it works on 64 bit but it doesn't improve any proccessing fps speed. I think still same speed with 32 bit. Probably it needs some logical changes on the code and i don't know advanced level C/C++.
    I share below filter file. Put in the "plugins64" for virtualdub and virtualdub 2
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/gp97b5if3ei8ujf/delogo.vdf/file

I realized some settings are increase the performance of filter processing speed (for me from 13fps to 60fps, i use external encoder with cuda settings).
    [Attachment 74190 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by cemal86; 5th Oct 2023 at 12:15.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thankyou VERY much for your work!
    Very useful indeed.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried using VDUB2 32bit but enabling LAA (LargeAddressAware) usint included AuxSetup.exe?
    That allows 32bit VDub access full 4GB instead of only 2GB. Was a lifesaver with DeShaker, and other memory hungry 32bit only plugins.

Originally Posted by cemal86 View Post
    I share below filter file. Put in the "plugins64" for virtualdub and virtualdub 2...
    THANKS for 64bit delogo plugin (please consider renaming it to "delogo_64.vdf"), even if it's not faster; h265 compressing is hugely faster on VDub x64, so being able to move to 64bit is a huge improvement. Thanks again, it helps me a lot. Use that filter for BadPixel removal on my script for all videos on a folder processing: https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdub-batch-video-deshake/
    Last edited by isidro; 12th Nov 2022 at 09:09.
    Quote Quote  
  14. For what it's worth, you can run 32 bit filters within 64 bit AviSynth (and vice versa) using MP_Pipline:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MP_Pipeline
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by isidro View Post
    Have you tried using VDUB2 32bit but enabling LAA (LargeAddressAware) usint included AuxSetup.exe?
    That allows 32bit VDub access full 4GB instead of only 2GB. Was a lifesaver with DeShaker, and other memory hungry 32bit only plugins.

I share below filter file. Put in the "plugins64" for virtualdub and virtualdub 2...
    THANKS for 64bit delogo plugin (please consider renaming it to "delogo_64.vdf"), even if it's not faster; h265 compressing is hugely faster on VDub x64, so being able to move to 64bit is a huge improvement. Thanks again, it helps me a lot. Use that filter for BadPixel removal on my script for all videos on a folder processing: https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdub-batch-video-deshake/
    I know it doesnt incrase conversion fps speed because filter still works single threat on CPU (Its seed up a couple of frames only). Filter needs re-desing on codes to make parallel proccess to multi threads but i have not knowledge on C++ much. My purpose on this 64bit support filter can work on 64bit version of virtualdub and i could get it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    For what it's worth, you can run 32 bit filters within 64 bit AviSynth (and vice versa) using MP_Pipline:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MP_Pipeline
    I have tried with AviSynth / AviSynth+ and FFMPEG 64bit that 32bit delogo filter and it didnt work with them. only works on FFMPEG 32bit.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know it doesnt incrase conversion fps speed because filter still works single threat on CPU (Its seed up a couple of frames only). Filter needs re-desing on codes to make parallel proccess to multi threads but i have not knowledge on C++ much. My purpose on this 64bit support filter can work on 64bit version of virtualdub and i could get it.
    What increases fps is using 64bits for the rest of the chain, h264 and specially h265 are the bottleneck and works a LOT faster on 64 bits. So having that filter on 64bits is a huge advantage.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by isidro View Post
    What increases fps is using 64bits for the rest of the chain, h264 and specially h265 are the bottleneck and works a LOT faster on 64 bits. So having that filter on 64bits is a huge advantage.
    Yes if you chooise h264/h265 it makes slower but i use external encoder cuda h265 so cpu is completly free to use for filters and delogo uses only 1 core (thread) even if select 64bit virtual dub with 64bit delogo filter.
    Quote Quote