VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heys guys,

whats'up..

Im looking for some help, its been some time i have been trying to recover these files from a footage i have recorded...
    It was a Creamfields event, where i recorded like 50 videos, some of them short, another ones larger, the thing is when I came back to my home and
    I came to my house and downloaded everything to the hard drive, some of these file came corrupted.. I dont know why, i remembered that when I was at the event I only changed the battery, but I never touched the configuration or the sd card..

Some videos I can see, but others tell me that the file is damaged, although when I click on properties it comes out that it has a size.

I will leave some images to see if they can understand my problem and maybe give me a hand ... I have tried several conversion programs such as Stellar Repair, Video Repair or Recover MP4 but they have not worked for me, there is only one video that I lets recover but it is 1.2 GB and it recovers only 2 minutes..

Maybe there is something I am doing wrong, I would appreciate if you could help me and excuse my bad English, I am from Chile haha ​​..
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	53994  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	53996  

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	53997  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	53998  

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	53999  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to remux the damaged files with MkvToolnix to mkv.

Check the files also with Mediainfo and post the results.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MediaInfo
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try to remux the damaged files with MkvToolnix to mkv.

Check the files also with Mediainfo and post the results.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MediaInfo
    Thanks, ill give it a try...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This appears in the media info, and in the MKVTOOL it wont recongnize any file..
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	54000  

Quote Quote  
  5. For me no chance for the corrupted files, sorry.
    As last resort you could try chkdsk X: /F in a console window (cmd), (where X: is the drive/sdcard with your files)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't the camera have a recovery mode that works on the files in the camera?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Giacoo91 View Post
    Heys guys,

whats'up..

Im looking for some help, its been some time i have been trying to recover these files from a footage i have recorded...
    It was a Creamfields event, where i recorded like 50 videos, some of them short, another ones larger, the thing is when I came back to my home and
    I came to my house and downloaded everything to the hard drive, some of these file came corrupted.. I dont know why, i remembered that when I was at the event I only changed the battery, but I never touched the configuration or the sd card..

Some videos I can see, but others tell me that the file is damaged, although when I click on properties it comes out that it has a size.

I will leave some images to see if they can understand my problem and maybe give me a hand ... I have tried several conversion programs such as Stellar Repair, Video Repair or Recover MP4 but they have not worked for me, there is only one video that I lets recover but it is 1.2 GB and it recovers only 2 minutes..

Maybe there is something I am doing wrong, I would appreciate if you could help me and excuse my bad English, I am from Chile haha ​​..
    try uploading your corrupt video to youtube and let them process / fix the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfrsZDhytYc
    Last edited by october262; 29th Jun 2020 at 22:48.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Doesn't the camera have a recovery mode that works on the files in the camera?
    Nope, the Hero 3 has the only option to format the SD, but no recovery mode..
    Quote Quote