VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,]i am using subtitle edit to ocr the text images, that was created from using videosubfinder, a nice free program
    But , i found that parts of video parts of the original video, are captured as txts and hence , could not correctly translate to required, say, english language.
    it is ofcurse capturing the letters correctly.
    is there anyway of this kind of images from being caputured, other than manually going and deleting all those wrong texts images.
    please
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you saying that non-subtitle text such as street signs are being captured by the program?

You will probably have to clean that up manually.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, what i meant was ,
    we do crop the portion at the bottom of the vsf when wew scan the txt images .
    When it is doing so, some video parts resembling the texts are also captured, leading to the non recgonition at the conversion of txt images to the text with ocr tesseract by subtitle edit program.
    There these characters are captured as separate images, which naturally could not be recognized by any tesseract.
    This is i am asking , is there any way to filter those images at the stage of creation of images itself.
    Hope that this helps you to answer
    Quote Quote  
  4. Instead of some cryptic description why don't you just post a sample image that shows the problem?

But if I'm understanding you, unless there's something about the extra text that's makes it easily distinguishable from the subtitles (like a different color, very different brightness, etc.) you won't be able to remove them.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Jun 2020 at 20:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, one sample video parts looks like text has been captured
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0_03_24_480__0_03_24_999_00200.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	53972  

Quote Quote  
  6. I have no idea what jraju is trying to do. However, if you want to remove something that is in the video itself, then "Delogo" is one option. Here's a short tutorial I created many years ago. It shows how to remove a simple spot from sensor dust, but it works for date/time stamps on home video; "bugs" that TV networks embed on their broadcasts; and subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12TutFSg8c
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    hi, one sample video parts looks like text has been captured
    Post an image of the actual video, not some post processed shit. Even better, post the actual video.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Jun 2020 at 22:27.
    Quote Quote