VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello gang, I'm trying to convert vhs tapes to dvd. Using easy cap, have tried many kinds of software.
    My problem is when I try to capture I get a poor screen with broken up video and lots of noise.
    The tapes play very well on my analog tv. Should I try a different capture device?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Google "Macrovision".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have several issues. Certainly a better capture device will probably assist. But as my friend states these tapes are likely to be copy protected and you will require an expensive full-frame TBC between the vcr and capture device to overcome that.

If this content is out on dvd then you will save yourself both money, time and heart-ache. Such equipment is really only cost effective with rare-not-on-dvd stuff although you could always re-sell it afterwards. And a capture is not the be all and end all of the process. There will still be noise in the capture and so post-capture processing will be required.

But just in case it is not a macrovision issue then upload a short sample of an original capture just to confirm this.
    Quote Quote