VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently reinstalled Vegas on my pc, which I had just formatted to windows 10.

I downloaded a video to edit on it. Its quality was good, as seen below.

[Attachment 53939 - Click to enlarge]

I imported it to Vegas, and it had a weird glitchy effect on it, which I thought would go away while rendering, as seen below.

[Attachment 53940 - Click to enlarge]

Yet, when I rendered the vid, this is how it looked:

[Attachment 53941 - Click to enlarge]

I don't even know what this unwanted effect is called, even though I recognise it.

Help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by object41; 24th Jun 2020 at 11:03. Reason: Note: this happens to certain parts, not throughout the video. Also, the vids I imported are mp4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That looks like one the the artistic effects in Photoshop. Assuming you didn't enable any filters,
    could this be a source decode error? What is the source format ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The format is mp4, which is what I always use for source videos. This unwanted effect would also come up now when using source videos I had used with no problem prior to my reinstallation of vegas. It's not the entirety of the rendered video that acts like that, only parts of it. A video of another clip might be able to explain it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BExl30j7NG8

And every video that I use, comes out like that on the preview when imported, and after rendering. I've tried downloading different videos, but every one has this thing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mp4 not really the format, that's the type or "container". the format is the video inside, eg, H.264. HEVC, VP9, etc,etc,
    Mediainfo will provide the details.

I'm not familiar with Vegas, no idea how the source is decoded, whether it uses the system decoder (probably directshow) or something else.
    You'll have to wait for somebody else to respond.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Looks like Van Gogh paintings. Very artistic. Maybe you have stumbled onto something great.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    looks to me like your source material has too low a bitrate to be usable. version 14 was the first "magix" owned release. wasn't very good.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Another dubious phrase, "downloaded a video". How do you know it was ok to begin with?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The clips were downloaded from youtube using 4k video downloader. I downloaded the clips in H264 AAC format (it also has the choice of AV01, but Vegas rejects this format). I tried using the same videos I had used with vegas before the formatting of my pc and had come out fine, and these vids have the same problem currently, so I'm convinced it's a vegas problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Are you sure that you don't have a filter enabled, it looks a lot like a Cartoonize filter to me.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Are you sure that you don't have a filter enabled, it looks a lot like a Cartoonize filter to me.
    Look at the video in the replies, it's more clear what the issue is.

I know it's not a filter, and I'm almost certain it's a vegas related problem by now.
    Quote Quote