VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am editing .mts files in Sony Vegas Pro 11. The properties of the project are HD 1080-50i, no changes made. I then render the project using MainConcept MPEG-2 (Blu-ray 1920z1080-50i, 25 Mbps) and Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio (Stereo DVD).
    The resulting files are the imported into DVD Architect Pro 5.2. I previously did this a couple of years ago for a dvd version and since I still have the DVD Architect file I open that one, set the properties to a BD disc and replace all of the .mpg files from the DVD project with the new ones from the BD conversion.
    But for some reason all of the .ac3 files are of the wrong format and need to be recompressed. Why is this? The .ac3 files are supposed to be 192kbps and at 48 kHz. The only thing I notice is that the DVD Architect properties are set at 448 kbps and that the rendering in Vegas Pro says Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio (Stereo DVD). Changing to 192 kbps in DVD Architect does nothing, it still says that the .ac3 files have to recomposed.

A second question. What format and resolution should a background image have ie if I import my own background picture?
    Kal
    Quote Quote  
  2. No need to tear your hair out over the audio. Let DVD Acchitect recompress it. It will be fast and I dare you to hear any difference.

Your background pictures will end up being 1920x1080. I believe you can import, jpg, png and possibly psd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, I will go with your advice
    Kal
    Quote Quote