VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's a mystery for folks.

When capturing, the audio eminating from the computer screen is in super slow motion. The video SEEMS to be normal speed but it does also seem to delay a bit sometimes. Maybe both are slow. Hard to tell.

When I go over to the camera DURING the capture and turn up the volume, everything is moving at normal speed.

See example: https://youtu.be/bkUSh-ynuSg

The ONLY possible caveat:

There is a 5% chance this content was put ONTO this tape from another source years ago, which means it would not be the original "burn" of the content. The only reason I think this is because while watching the tape, it jumps around on dates, forward and backward sometimes to different clips.

But I am almost 95% sure this is the original content recorded straight from the camera onto the tape and hasn't moved since recording day.

How do I capture normal speed audio? Im using VideoPad. Maybe there's a speed up function in the editing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Use another capture software, pretty simple.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Make sure your system is up to the task. Remember, the machine is doing 2 (or more) process-intensive tasks at the same time.

I can tell you that I've done a 3-video stream + 2 audio stream capture (video cam, screen1, screen2, narration mic, computer sounds+music) going into both a live stream and being recorded to 2nd internal drive - without framedrop or sync issues - by being very careful of settings, codecs, data flow. And, I was using an 3.5GHz i7 hexcore with 16GB ram and large SSDs. Using OBS.
    So it can be done but you just need to be careful and take control of all the factors.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the problem. Literally nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VideoBurger View Post
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Okay, Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Make sure your system is up to the task. Remember, the machine is doing 2 (or more) process-intensive tasks at the same time.

I can tell you that I've done a 3-video stream + 2 audio stream capture (video cam, screen1, screen2, narration mic, computer sounds+music) going into both a live stream and being recorded to 2nd internal drive - without framedrop or sync issues - by being very careful of settings, codecs, data flow. And, I was using an 3.5GHz i7 hexcore with 16GB ram and large SSDs. Using OBS.
    So it can be done but you just need to be careful and take control of all the factors.

Scott
    This does not relate to the power of the computer. I've done hours and hours and hours of this in the last week.

Its just this one clip that lasts about 3 minutes and 10 seconds. Then it immediately goes back to normal speed.

Before it, its normal speed, after it its normal speed.

There is something about the encoding of this particular clip itself that is transmitting to the computer, which is causing this.
    Last edited by VideoBurger; 20th Jun 2020 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Okay, Good luck.
    Thanks. Don't you think it would've made more sense to ask some questions first?

This happens on all capture software.

Now what? How about we dig a bit deeper and put some actual thought into this so we find the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Nevermind folks. Vast majority of responses I get here are always mindless one-liners. Lots of arrogant attitudes too.

Im more into intellectual conversations. Obviously smart people who dig a bit and think through things.

I haven't found it on this forum. There are two people DB8 and dellsam who saturate every single thread and I spend all my energy helping *them* grasp the situation while they rattle off snarky one-liners that have no basis in thought.

Like this time, it would have been intelligent to suggest that I capture the slow clip, save it into MP4, and then use VideoPad features to speed it up a notch, so it sounds normal.

This would've solved the problem even if we couldn't figure out the original issue.

But that's exactly what I would have preferred: The type of poster who would want to dig and figure out the real cause. Thats 90% of the fun in my opinion. But instead I get one-liners that reflect zero effort and zero thought on here all the time.

Im going to move to a community with more intelligent participants.

Cya
    Quote Quote  
  9. I found my own solution (as usual).

1) I selected the affected clip from amidst the rest of the video on the tape.

2) I extracted that clip by itself right at the point the audio slows down and captured it until this effect discontinues.

3) I cropped out the little before and after that moves at normal speed.

4) I exported this capture as Mp4.

5) I imported the Mp4 into VideoPad

6) I went to EFFECTS > AUDIO EFFECTS > SPEED CHANGE

7) I changed Speed % to 150% from the default 100%

8) Unchecked "Keep audio pitch unchanged" and clicked "Set".

Now the clip plays the audio at perfect speed and I can save this clip, then re-insert it where it belongs amidst the rest of the video which was already at the proper speed.

Imagine hearing "Get new capture software" or "get a new computer" as the solution to this problem instead. ... .... ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This happens on all capture software.
    No, it very much does NOT, which is why I gave you an example.
    Device capability does make a great difference, as does the chosen software, as does your choice of settings & workflow. This is true in many facets of this field.
    But it seems you would rather blame the teachers (a growing occurrence lately), pout & take your ball and go home rather than face the possibility of you having done something incorrectly beyond the few items you were hoping to pre-concede. Ok.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Nevermind folks. Vast majority of responses I get here are always mindless one-liners. Lots of arrogant attitudes too.

Im more into intellectual conversations. Obviously smart people who dig a bit and think through things.

I haven't found it on this forum. There are two people DB8 and dellsam who saturate every single thread and I spend all my energy helping *them* grasp the situation while they rattle off snarky one-liners that have no basis in thought.

Like this time, it would have been intelligent to suggest that I capture the slow clip, save it into MP4, and then use VideoPad features to speed it up a notch, so it sounds normal.

This would've solved the problem even if we couldn't figure out the original issue.

But that's exactly what I would have preferred: The type of poster who would want to dig and figure out the real cause. Thats 90% of the fun in my opinion. But instead I get one-liners that reflect zero effort and zero thought on here all the time.

Im going to move to a community with more intelligent participants.

Cya

Oh yeah? You abandoned the other thread with my question hanging in the last post. Why would I go with you in an endless stupid workarounds when I know your problem is a capture problem as your camcorder shows it plays the footage just fine. If you don't want to follow thru your threads neither one of us does. Besides does it look like the customer service warranty department here?
    Quote Quote