VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there I think I might have a ryzen 7 1700 black screen problem, for a while now my screen keeps going a funny colour (green, yellow, white, pink, black and blue) and basically crashes, and I have to restart the pc either from the on off button or turning the psu off and then on again, ive changed hdmi wires and tried different tvs, and its def not them, ive formatted windows many times with different versions in the last year but nothing helps, I thought it might be the graphics card, but I didn’t have a replacement to check so I put my old cpu (amd a4 A10 processor) with onboard graphics in a month ago and have been montoring it weekly with no problems what so ever so I decided to put the gpu back in 2 weeks ago and try it, I didn’t have any other connection options so I bought a display port to hdmi convertor, just incase it was an hdmi slot problem, and have had no problems whatsoever with that either so earlier tonight I decided to put the ryzen 7 back in and after about 3 hours the screan has went about 6 different colours and crashed just like before and if had to restart everytime, im getting really annoyed now, ive checked all drivers and everything is up to date, ive been looking online and others are having the same kind of problem with other ryzen cpu's but no real solutions, I don’t have any asus or amd programs running, ive not overclocked anything at all, so I haven’t got a clue whats happeinig

Ive just had to put the old processor back in as everytime I click a different tab on the taskbar its going a fuinny colour and crashing, I typed this up in word just incase it crashed as it auto saves it, so im glad I did now

Ryzen 7 1700 – just a year old

16Gb ram - couple of years old

Asus prime b350 motherboard year and a half old

Gtx 1050ti 4gb – less than a year old

120gb ssd - 3 months old

Windows 10 1909

850w psu – coming up for a year old

Thanks in advance for any helping sorting out this problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like its an issue with your graphics card since it involves color issues and putting in a processor with onboard graphics worked,try another video card.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. like i said above i dont have another gpu to try but it works perfectly well and no problems with the a10 processor but crashed nearly 10 times when i put the ryzen 7 back in
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try and put the 1050 in the computer with the a10 processor just to rule out the video card,it's always put in with the ryzen ,isn't that correct?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. no the 1050 gpu has been in with the a10 processor for the last 2 weeks and has been totally fine, i only put the ryzen back in earlier on and its crashed nearly 10 times, it was that bad, everytime i clicked a tab on the taskbar it was crashing so i had to put the a10 back in, im getting other options to try so ill put the ryzen back in tomorrow and try some of the options ive been given and see if any work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using D.O.C.P to overclock your RAM? I'd try disabling that for now. I know you said you are not overclocking anything but you might not consider DOCP overclocking. I'd also open up the machine and press down on the RAM/GPU/and any other cards to make sure they are properly seated.
    Last edited by KarMa; 19th Jun 2020 at 20:23.
    Quote Quote  
  7. so it looks like it could be gpu after all as my screen has just gone bright orange and crashed, its has been fine for 2 weeks, now after i put the ryzen back in, its crashing all the time now even with the a10 in, i am now back onto onboard graphics, so i can hopefully do stuff without crashinguntil i figure out what to do next
    Quote Quote  
  8. as i said above ive not overclocked anything
    Quote Quote  
  9. ive never heard of d o c p so ive never used it, the ram is fine as everything is ok with a10 and onboard graphics, but ill make sure the gpu is in properly, but again that has worked ok with the a10 the last 2 weeks and i havent touched it since
    Quote Quote