VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Am coming from here

I am able to copy videos in Raw DV from the Sony TRV 460E camcoder via the iLink/firewire port. An hour video occupies 13Gig on storage.

Sample video here and its mediainfo here

I am seeking advise in moving to a better container.

Goals:

1) Keep the video/audio quality as visible is in the source (Raw DV) or if we can better it even good. What video (H264/H265) and audio (AAC/AC3) compression would provide the desired goal of maintaining the quality of the Raw DV.

2) Be able to add another audio stream alongside the 2 streams that are visible in the Raw DV. Want to be able to run a commentary on the video alongside the original audio. Be able to switch off this commentary stream when I choose the original audio to be heard. Not sure how to do this yet but want to learn.

3) Have about 80 cassettes for conversion, Raw DV storage as it is would occupy just over 1TB. Based on the container suggestions what would be the storage needs increase/decrease?

Hardware:
    8x Intel Core i7-2600k @3.4Gz (DZ68DB Intel Board)
    12GB Ram DDR3,
    500 GB HDD, 250 GB SSD,
    AMD Radeon R7 260X,

Software:
    Kubuntu 18.04.4
    Handbrake 1.3.3 (flatpack)
    OpenShot 2.5.1
    Kdenlive 17.12.3
    ffmpeg 3.4.6

I am new to this video conversion. So kindly bear with my limited knowledge.

regards,
    sathwik
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVavi is easy to edit and any conversion would lower the quality and make it harder to edit. add your extra audio during editing and then render out the finished product. hard drives are cheap.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote