VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi ****

I'm in windows, in a batch file

I need to wait until a file exist. How can I do?

note: for kindness, I don't need a loop method. Simply I need to put a command that what until a real file is exiting, and then proceed
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why do you keep asking these sorts of questions in a forum designed for helping people with video? There are forums that are dedicated to batch files. Also, is there a problem using Google, or do you simply want to get your answers spoon fed, like a spoiled feline?

Try this:

Google Search
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why do you keep asking these sorts of questions in a forum designed for helping people with video? There are forums that are dedicated to batch files. Also, is there a problem using Google, or do you simply want to get your answers spoon fed, like a spoiled feline?

First item on a Google Search:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4340350/how-to-check-if-a-file-exists-from-inside-a-batch-file
    Quote Quote  
  4. But if you are going to wait then you need a loop, just set some time to periodically check.

Or do you mean you need to wait for a further process to start until your file is not busy anymore? It is created or used and you need to wait until it is done. Like wait for frame serving to finish creating server.avi as intermediate. Or to make sure that virtual frame serving avi was used only once at a time for more encoding processes(versions). I used to start all batch processes at once and left PC unattended. Only one was running at a time then, one after another if they had this at the beggining, using same avi file as input:

Code:
    :wait
    TIMEOUT /T 30 /NOBREAK
    ( type nul >> "%aviname_input%" ) 2>nul || ( goto :wait )
    echo file is not in use - script continues
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks
    Quote Quote