VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I made a video on my Samsung phone but after transfering it to PC it is now very wavy like it has water effect is there a way to fix it?

Short clip of the video is here https://www.moveitcleanit.co.uk/wavy.avi
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes? No? Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is not the original phone recording. How was the file transferred?
    Which phone ?

That file cannot be fixed. Do you still have a good copy on the phone ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This looks like rolling shutter.
    You can try video stabilizing software but i don't think its gonna do much.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's not rolling shutter. This was obviously shot in a noisy environment. Loud noise, especially with low frequencies in it can upset a cameras sensor and electronics by making them vibrate. This is sometimes made worse if using image stabilization when shooting. Not a lot you can do in these situations except isolating the camera from the noise.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  6. I do not believe you can do much about that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey there,
    I had the same problem with some videos that i shot. I also tried video stabilizing softwares but unfortunately, it did not work. I guess it´s like @ChapmanDolly said, the loud noises are the problem. So from my knowledge, you cannot really do anything about it.
    But maybe somebody else has a solution for this... would be great!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Looks like rolling shutter in response to some kind of regular pulse in your power washer. Not much you can do to fix it other than reshoot with the camera mounted somewhere else.

That said, it's kind of cool.
    Quote Quote