VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. whenever i edit video with default preset of 720p in any video editing program and the setting of downloaded video link below Image
    [Attachment 53771 - Click to enlarge]

the quality difference is huge.
    eg. 720p @1500kbps looks good but when i video convert or edit it looks soo bad.
    please explain
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you have any idea what you're converting it to?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use a good codec and good settings. Reduce noise and motion in your source. Encode cartoons rather than real video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Do you have any idea what you're converting it to?
    yes a normal video
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use a good codec and good settings. Reduce noise and motion in your source. Encode cartoons rather than real video.
    do you understand the question?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You always lose quality when re-encoding with a lossy format. Use a higher bitrate or better settings

There might be other problems - maybe you didn't set up the editing program correctly. Maybe you are inadvertently deinterlacing or resizing. Post more information if you want more help
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by gta5 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use a good codec and good settings. Reduce noise and motion in your source. Encode cartoons rather than real video.
    do you understand the question?
    Yes.

Not all AVC encoders are created equal. If you use a bad one you may get bad results. If you use a good one you will get better results.

Even if you are using the same AVC encoder you won't get as good results if you use poor settings. For example, x264 at the veryfast preset will not deliver as good quality as x264 at the veryslow preset.

Noise is the enemy of compression. Reduce noise in your source and you will get better compression. Lots of motion is also difficult to compress. Don't expect your shaky, noisy, handheld VHS camcorder video to compress as well as computer generated pie charts.

In general, cartoons compress much better than live action. Cartoons have many duplicate frames (which compress down to nearly nothing) and large flat shaded areas (which also compress very well).
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Jun 2020 at 12:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. 720p at 1500kbps is always going to look lousy. That bitrate is just too low to hold detail in the picture. What is your source footage resolution and bitrate? If it is 1080p and has a decent bitrate, you want to keep it at that.
    For example, I shoot 1080p at 35000kbps and never reduce the resolution or bitrate below those. The higher the bitrate, the better the quality.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  9. man thats the question, i have seen a lot of videos with such a low bitrate and yet it looks soo good, clear sharp.
    720p at 1500kbps looks 4k (h264)
    but dont know how they do it which software no idea.
    Quote Quote