VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have downloaded some .ts (x264) files which have commercials embedded at a different resolution to the content which I'd like to edit out.

I'm happy to do this manually as there's only a few commercials, but the problem I'm having is the all the editing software I've tried can't seem to handle a video with different resolutions and locked up or crashes.

Is there any lossless editing software available (free or paid) which can losslessly edit a video (.ts) with different resolutions?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, get the Videoredo trial.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the files are H.264, you'll need VideoReDo TV Suite rather than VideoReDo Plus.

I use VideoReDo TV Suite to edit recorded TV. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if it will work for your file or not because I have not yet encountered any recordings with video at more than one resolution.

If VideoReDo doesn't work, I have no alternatives to suggest. I haven't heard of any video editing software that doesn't choke on video files where the resolution varies.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If the files are H.264, you'll need VideoReDo TV Suite rather than VideoReDo Plus.

I use VideoReDo TV Suite to edit recorded TV. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if it will work for your file or not because I have not yet encountered any recordings with video at more than one resolution.

If VideoReDo doesn't work, I have no alternatives to suggest. I haven't heard of any video editing software that doesn't choke on video files where the resolution varies.
    Thanks for all the reply's,

I tried VideoReDo and it choked on the different screen resolutions,

Not sure what to do..

I'm certain that there is some kind of software that can achieve this as I've seen files from the same station with commercials removed, unless the ad removal process is done at the download stage?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote