VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks,

I'm running on a new Windows 10 machine that's dramatically faster than my old Windows 7 box. But Roxio Creator 2010 dies on Windows 10, so I can't save video content, which was the primary motivation for the upgrade (ouch).

I've tried the freeware - AVCHDCoder, multiAVCHD and tsMuxer - and they have all failed me on DVD-RW media I can do over, so I don't trust them to create a BluRay. I'm not done trying, but I want to explore paid options.

I have two program sources - a Tivo with MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264 content and an HDMI recorder that writes to MPEG-4/H.264. I use VideoReDo to trim out commercials and promos and the tail ends of my captures, and Roxio on Win 7 burned them all with some issues. I'd keep using it if it worked, though I have to say the program has enough bugs and pathologies that make me hesitant about upgrading. I think better of Nero from having used their tools to burn CDs back in the day, though I don't know what version I might need to do this.

Do you author BluRays with a Roxio or Nero product? Have you had a good experience? What version and trim of the product do you use to do this? If by chance you have used both, what do you think works best? Am I missing any other great options?

Thanks,
    Rob T
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try using imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Imgburn does not do any authoring, only burning.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you want a decent blu ray authoring program try TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6,it has a trial period,i personally bought it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote