VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, im unsure as to why some of my video files are capturing with these green & pink lines, in B&W. I sometimes have issues with the device flickering between colour + greyscale, which doesnt seem to happen as often on a TV. I've tried looking around the forum to see potential fixes, such as making sure settings are correct for PAL or NTSC content (i tried both). I've also tried just messing with the Tracking buttons on the VCR but it doesnt seem to effect colour, just picture fuzziness.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I have attached an example below. I've ordered a different USB-Video grabber to see if that fixes it.

[Attachment 53734 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. After some trial and error, i think this was a result of a dodgy cheap capture card. I purchased another, which has its own issues with audio pitch (although i can correct that in Adobe Premiere). Do you guys have any recommendations for sub £50 cards to cap video from?

The videos themselves said 'PAL SECAM' on them, so i assume they could support both formats. The video card i used seemed to detect it as PAL.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    What you probably have is a non standard format such as MESECAM or PAL60, you need special capture cards to do those or get a DVD recorder that can accept those format and output a legal frame rate that the normal capture card can understand, There are threads here about this subject just do little digging.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    What you probably have is a non standard format such as MESECAM or PAL60, you need special capture cards to do those or get a DVD recorder that can accept those format and output a legal frame rate that the normal capture card can understand, There are threads here about this subject just do little digging.
    I see, thank you for the advice, that makes sense.
    Quote Quote