VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, some newbies question.
    I m currently with an old but hardly used Jvc XV-bp1. Still works well but having some problem To play on some Blu-ray movies and maybe some dvd 9 too. Loading is a bit slow on certain movies but video quality looks good to me if loaded.
    Question
    1. What’s the different between dvd n Blu-ray hack. ? Can’t enable both in one firmware update?
    2. Saw some hack file under dvd hack forum here - title region xx ,Are these only for dvd but not Blu-ray?
    3. Planning to buy one new Blu-ray player and some good offer Sony BDP s1500, Samsung Blu-ray dvd J4500R bd-4500R/Xm ,BOE BLU-RAY V3, Panasonic S700,LG BP120, Samsung bd-e5300, Panasonic Dmp-bd84

Objective- I just want a troublefree Blu-ray player that can play preferably All Blu-ray movies, or 2nd d9. To me all Blu-ray movies are of good video quality and good enough for me.

Your opinion are much appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD player portion of some Blu-Ray players can be made region-free by users. Very few can have the Blu-Ray player portion made region-free by users. This is because the Blu-Ray license to make players is much stricter.

The players hardware must be modified. Buy from somewhere like 220-electronics.com that sells modified region-free players. For example, they have the Sony BDP S1500 region free for DVDs, but it's an extra $40 to make it region free for Blu-Rays.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I m clearer now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    The DVD player portion of some Blu-Ray players can be made region-free by users. Very few can have the Blu-Ray player portion made region-free by users. This is because the Blu-Ray license to make players is much stricter.

The players hardware must be modified. Buy from somewhere like 220-electronics.com that sells modified region-free players. For example, they have the Sony BDP S1500 region free for DVDs, but it's an extra $40 to make it region free for Blu-Rays.
    It sounded complicated actually.

Quote Quote