VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, newbie to the forum here. I'm a Roxio Creator 2010 refugee - that software crashes on my new Windows 10 machine. It ran decently for years on my Windows 7 machine, if v-e-r-y slowly; the Win 10 box was motivated to getting through my backlog of saved Tivo shows burned more quickly So I'm looking for an alternative.

I have handed AVCHDCoder 15.12.27 two different HD *.mp4 files (edited with VideoReDo) to try to turn each into an AVC-HD disc. In each case, I get a helpless "! An error occured while encoding video." No further information, no log to look at, no way to know how to make progress. This is one of the simplest tests I can come up with, and it failed to do anything good.

Does anyone use this software and get good things out of it? (Other reviews imply so.) Does anyone have ideas about how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
    Rob T
    Quote Quote  
  2. ripbot does a great job encoding to avchd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use AVCHDCoder 15.12.27 every day with no problems. OTOH, it is finicky and had to install the recommended "helper" apps under "Tools" and "Help" from the drop-down tabs, then successfully testing them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    ripbot does a great job encoding to avchd
    I couldn't get this to do anything. It chews on my video in a reassuring way before hanging with a "Gathering data ..." message.

Take care,
    Rob T
    Quote Quote