VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I want to make a video slideshow of image files, but with additional option.

I already find there is a way to make video slideshow of image files with FFmpeg,
    but I also need to put a filename at the bottom of every image.
    Here is an example, this image filename is Guitar01 so that text should be added at the bottom of the image. So every image in video slideshow should have its filename 'stamped' at the bottom of image.
    https://imgur.com/a/Bh2iWVN

Is there a program that have option like that? Or a script in FFmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe pre-process the images in a batch with Photoshop/etc, to give the watermark names?
    Slideshow second.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is a x86 plugin for avisynth ImageSequence.dll, that can read wildcards (e.g. *.jpg) and overlay the file name. You have control over positioning, fonts, colors

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ImageSequence

But there is a bit of a learning curve for avisynth, and you have to adjust the parameters for the "video slideshow" . Such as frame rate, number of frames (e.g. duplicate the frames using ChangeFPS, then AssumeFPS) . Or there are other ways, such as making a variable frame rate video
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, I'll try it, I never use it, any example script?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You don't even need a third party filter If the frame number corresponds to the filename. You could use AviSynth's ScriptClip() to build the filename from the frame number. For example, if the image sequence has the form:

PIC00000.JPG
    PIC00001.JPG
    PIC00002.JPG

Ie, "PIC" followed by a 5 digit number (with leading zeros), followed by ".JPG"

Code:
    ImageSource("PIC%05d.JPG")
    ScriptClip("""Subtitle("PIC"+String(current_frame, "%05.0f")+".JPG")""")
    The first line reads in the image sequence. The second line writes a "subtitle" that corresponds to the filename.
    Quote Quote  
  6. One benefit of ImageSequence is it does not require sequential numbering, and the wildcard input

guitar01.jpg
    ukelele.jpg
    hornucopian_dronepipe.jpg

Code:
    CoronaSequence("*.jpg", textmode=1)
    But I don't know how to exclude the extension ".jpg" (or .png or .tiff) from the filename perfectly from the overlay; the expression string option would work ideally only if the filenames were the same length

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ImageSequence#Filename_output
    Quote Quote  
  7. LOL. I had to look up hornucopian dronepipe.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I tried that script, for some reason it said:
    pic.jpg:Image could not be opened

I used MPC. It makes black screen with a resolution of given .jpg images, and gives that error. I tried with different sets of images. Images in folder are all the same resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Is the script in the same folder as the JPG images?
    Quote Quote  
  10. It is, I also tried when images are in subfolder - same error.
    Quote Quote  
  11. post the full script
    Quote Quote  
  12. Code:
    CoronaSequence("*.jpg", textmode=1)
    also

Code:
    CoronaSequence("*.jpg", textmode=3, expression="midstr(filename,7,3)")
    Quote Quote  
  13. Are you using mpchc x86 to check ?

ImageSequence/CoronaSequence is a x86 plugin , so you need to initialize avisynth x86 (you do that by using a x86 program)
    Quote Quote  
  14. There is an incompatibility between 3.6.x avisynth versions and older plugins . It causes problems with some programs. It crashed mpchc for me . I think you need avisynth 2.6 classic x86 for that old plugin to work, or that plugin needs to be updated. Some incompatibility in the header. All you need to do is replace avisynth.dll in the SysWOW64 directory
    Quote Quote  
  15. Actually something else, it works in avspmod x86, or ffmpeg x86; but not vdub2 x86 or mpchc x86 ,not sure why... weird
    Quote Quote  
  16. corona.avs
    Code:
    CoronaSequence("*.jpg", textmode=1, x=-1, y=200, size=25)
    AssumeFPS(1)
    loop(10)
    ffmpeg x86
    Code:
    ffmpeg32 -i corona.avs -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -an test.mp4

I used 3 test images, black.jpg, cyan.jpg, white.jpg

Output file is test.mp4
    Image Attached Images      
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. I finally managed to work, it worked only in ffmpeg32, all other programs didn't, even though I used 32bit versions.

Thank you! Script works great!
    Quote Quote