VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Regularly I need to know the exact time of a frame.
    Similar to Subtitle Edit.

[Attachment 53638 - Click to enlarge]

MPC shows time left.

[Attachment 53639 - Click to enlarge]

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use MPC-BE but MPC-HC has a "high precision" right click option and you can choose between time elapsed or time remaining.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  3. First of all: sorry for the delay. I did not receive a notification, for some reason or the other.

Secondly: thanks for the reply.

MPC-BE has no such thing as high precision. But our tip brought me to clicking on the time (right bottom corner) and I noticed it switched from 'time remaining' to 'time played'
    Again THANKS for the tip.

MPC-HC, I am sure it is about as good as MPC-BE.
    (Frankly, I had the impression that MPC-HC development stopped a while ago, but it seems they re-started development again?)
    https://mpc-hc.org/
    "MPC-HC is not under development since 2017. Please switch to something else.
    v1.7.13 is released and farewell July 16, 2017
    "
    But it is now on https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc
    which is a site for developers I guess: could not find the installer files there.

I don't know if there are major differences between BE and HC.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by vhwul62 View Post
    MPC-BE has no such thing as high precision.
    Wrong, MPC-BE has the same feature, be sure to use latest nightly. Rightclick on time "show milliseconds"
    Quote Quote  
  5. vhwul62,
    I haven't used MPC-BE in years. Mainly because XP support was dropped a long time ago. Last time I did use it, it didn't use LAV Filters for decoding as MPC-HC does (I'm not saying that's a bad thing) but it had the navigation bar preview thingy that MPC-HC doesn't, unless it does these days. I'm still using an older XP compatible version of MPC-HC.

Here's the release files for the newer MPC-HC.
    https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Originally Posted by vhwul62 View Post
    MPC-BE has no such thing as high precision.
    Wrong, MPC-BE has the same feature, be sure to use latest nightly. Rightclick on time "show milliseconds"
    THANK you very much.
    Sorry for the delay.

One way or the other I often do not get a notification, although 'Subscribe to this thread...' (Instantly using mail) is tagged.
    I checked my junk folder, nothing there either.

Hmm... just now ... I checked account settings and noticed that notification is -not- checked there. Maybe it makes some difference.
    I would assume that when I tag "Subscribe to this thread..." it would automatically also tag the other thing(?)

Anyway, that said, many thanks indeed...

I downloaded the latest version (I was using 1.5.4 and newest one is 1.5.5)
    Indeed milliseconds is an option now. Wonderful!

[Attachment 53786 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 53787 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    vhwul62,
    I haven't used MPC-BE in years. Mainly because XP support was dropped a long time ago. Last time I did use it, it didn't use LAV Filters for decoding as MPC-HC does (I'm not saying that's a bad thing) but it had the navigation bar preview thingy that MPC-HC doesn't, unless it does these days. I'm still using an older XP compatible version of MPC-HC.

Here's the release files for the newer MPC-HC.
    https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases
    I have checked out MPC-HC latest version just now, but believe there is not much difference.
    That is to say, differences, if any, well, I guess they are not sufficient enough for me to switch.
    BTW I've had quite a lot of video players in the past. All had their pros and cons.
    Even VLC.
    In fact I even went as far as to pay usd.40 for Zoomplayer, but it was disappointing.
    (In fact, also the support).
    Wasted money.

MPC-BE works fine, so far.

thanks again.
    Quote Quote