VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for a encoder that will encode to HDDVD evo format. I know this is obsolete format now, but I still need to do this.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Where do you get blank HD-DVD's ? Just curious.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Please do not take the question I asked off topic by asking unrelated question.

Again, Looking for a encoder that will output to a HDDVD EVO container.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hbelouf View Post
    Again, Looking for a encoder that will output to a HDDVD EVO container.
    I think you need HD DVD authoring software to create the HDDVD EVO container. The problem is that because HD DVD became an obsolete format after 2008, software for HD DVD authoring is no longer produced and the old programs that can author HD DVD may not work well beyond Windows XP.

I found an article indicating that Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5 could do HD DVD authoring. It is likely possible to find a copy of Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5 for sale but I suspect that it works best with a PC running Windows XP.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's not off-topic to ask why you think you need to do this. Perhaps you are misunderstanding the problem and that presumed solution might not be the best way forward.?
    If you explain the underlying project, we might have better solution options. That's how it often works here.

Scott
    Quote Quote