VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was looking for users who have or have had/worked with Smart Renderer 5 from Pegasys, but of course any help from anyone would be appreciated. I am having trouble working with 4k video in Smart Renderer 5. I have a decently powered PC and I actually use Tmpgenc Works 7 (also from Pegasys) to edit 4k video with no problems. The problem is my frame rate drops considerable in Smart Renderer 5 to the point I can't work with it. Maybe some users have some suggestions. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 'Smart Renderer 5 from Pegasys supported resolutions: 1920x1080 / 1440x1080 / 720x480

https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr5_spec.html
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm having no problems with 3840x2160 avc material from a Nikon -- 23.976fps, 12 frame GOP.

How are your files encoded?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've used this for years.
    But I don't use it for 4K, nor really even HD all that much.
    Mostly use it to fix other people's H.264 mistakes, quick edit or audio re-encode.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    I'm having no problems with 3840x2160 avc material from a Nikon -- 23.976fps, 12 frame GOP.

How are your files encoded?
    Some of my files are encoded with h.265 and others with h.264 usually in a MP4 or MKV container. Audio is always 5.1 AAC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    'Smart Renderer 5 from Pegasys supported resolutions: 1920x1080 / 1440x1080 / 720x480

Hmm... I could have sworn I read it worked with 4k. I was really hoping to use it but, I'm kinda glad I'm still in the trial period.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by MeNeedVidHelp View Post
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    'Smart Renderer 5 from Pegasys supported resolutions: 1920x1080 / 1440x1080 / 720x480

Hmm... I could have sworn I read it worked with 4k. I was really hoping to use it but, I'm kinda glad I'm still in the trial period.
    It does. There are some OUTPUT specs that match what is being quoted.

I wouldn't be surprised if H.265 files are boggy, but as I said, no problem here with H.264
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    It does. There are some OUTPUT specs that match what is being quoted.

I wouldn't be surprised if H.265 files are boggy, but as I said, no problem here with H.264
    I am guessing when you say boggy you mean the program gets bogged down? Or did you mean buggy? If you meant bogged down by H.265 files, I guess I could try to reencode from H.265 to H.264 and see if that works. My H.265 1080p videos works flawless with Smart Renderer 5.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to go from h.265 to h.264 losslessly using ffmpeg but, someone correct me if I'm wrong. If true, maybe the only downside would only be larger files?
    Quote Quote  
  9. So I was able to convert from h.265 to H.264 using ffmpeg. I set the constant quality factor to 0 and kept the bitrate same as source. I THINK this gave me a lossless conversion but, the file size only went from 12 gig to 12.2 gig. I thought it would be like 20 times larger. I really see not quality difference whatsoever but I could be wrong.

Of course, now I don't have 10 bit HDR. Its my understanding that H.264 can support 10bit but some adjustments have to be made at the container level?
    Quote Quote