VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Editor
    Search Comp PM
    I want to stabilize a video by selecting an area of an image, say two points, one on each side of a horizon, like city light, a building, or a mountain...
    and tell premiere, or AFX to hold all instances of those points in the same position so they are stable & in the same place throughout the video, no vertical or horizontal movement

Warp Stabilizer does not work for this the way I want it to so I am looking for an alternative to that.

I know theres an effect to do this, I have forgotten what it is called

Thanks in advance
    Imagining & Actualizing Audio-Visual Awesomeness
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use the normal point tracker to stabilize based on 2 points, but the reference points have to remain in the entire scene. Otherwise you have to perform an offset track . There are tutorials on youtube and similar sites

Or corner pin stabilization, which takes 4 points
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have After Effects, you can go in and tell it with Warp Stabilizer which points to use.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Editor
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use the normal point tracker to stabilize based on 2 points, but the reference points have to remain in the entire scene. Otherwise you have to perform an offset track . There are tutorials on youtube and similar sites

Thank you for that - very helpful

Now another but related query.

I want to stabilize a video by locking background points, which you've led me to how to do that....

Then I want to add effects to the now still video like an updated background

THEN I want to reverse the original stabilizing so the image with the now updated background moves as it originally did

So basically I want to take the tracking info from the original movement analysis and reapply it again

How would I do this
    Quote Quote  
  5. Editor
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by karenvideoeditor View Post
    If you have After Effects, you can go in and tell it with Warp Stabilizer which points to use.
    Cheers thanks - My search led me to use the 'replace with AFX composition' in premiere so the solution was AFX in the end
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by RokkoRokko View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use the normal point tracker to stabilize based on 2 points, but the reference points have to remain in the entire scene. Otherwise you have to perform an offset track . There are tutorials on youtube and similar sites

Thank you for that - very helpful

Now another but related query.

I want to stabilize a video by locking background points, which you've led me to how to do that....

Then I want to add effects to the now still video like an updated background

THEN I want to reverse the original stabilizing so the image with the now updated background moves as it originally did

So basically I want to take the tracking info from the original movement analysis and reapply it again

How would I do this

There are various tutorials on "reverse stabilization" , that's what you want to do, but using the point tracker . (Other methods of stabilization have slightly different ways of applying the reverse stabilization) .

Here is an old one tutorial, but still valid . The key is the expression, it can be confusing for beginners but it's actually quite easy. The classic tutorial is the "demon face warp" by Andrew Kramer
    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/kahlenberg_roland/reverse_stabilization.php
    Quote Quote  
  7. Editor
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers, thanks bro
    you guys rock!
    Quote Quote