VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been doing everything through a command line with avisynth. I don't mind doing this for movies but for series it's very time consuming. I've seen tools like vapoursynth and hybrid but they looks cumbersome and I barely understand what I do in avisynth thus far. I'm still very much a novice. Is there any tool that is similar to handbrake but that offer gtgmc deinterlacing? Ideally I would like to set qtgmc deinterlacing and the quality of the deinterlacing, choose if it's double frame rate, and add the videos to a queue for rendering. I would like to do this through a GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you can make good scripts you can set up queued encodes in VDub2.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LaserBones View Post
    I've been doing everything through a command line with avisynth. I don't mind doing this for movies but for series it's very time consuming. I've seen tools like vapoursynth and hybrid but they looks cumbersome and I barely understand what I do in avisynth thus far. I'm still very much a novice. Is there any tool that is similar to handbrake but that offer gtgmc deinterlacing? Ideally I would like to set qtgmc deinterlacing and the quality of the deinterlacing, choose if it's double frame rate, and add the videos to a queue for rendering. I would like to do this through a GUI.
    But if it was a "movie" or some drama "series" - chances are you shouldn't need QTGMC ; you should probably be using inverse telecine

IIRC someone posted a QTGMC GUI in this forum. I can't find it . Some other GUI's are hybrid, staxrip
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's the thread about the QTGMC GUI:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/397026-Qtgmc-GUI-A-simple-encoder-for-your-Qtgmc-s...ts#post2582912

But I don't know how useful it might be. And I agree with PDR, if shot on film (movies and most TV series) the last thing you want to do is deinterlace them. Perhaps provide some short samples.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here is a short example. Should I use IVTC?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyv50182gcl4zw0/The%20Business%20Season%20One%20Episode%204%...ample.mkv?dl=0

I guess us IVTC when it's not interlaced every frame? What's the best way to tell the difference. Thanks for all the advice guys!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by LaserBones View Post
    Here is a short example. Should I use IVTC?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyv50182gcl4zw0/The%20Business%20Season%20One%20Episode%204%...ample.mkv?dl=0

I guess us IVTC when it's not interlaced every frame? What's the best way to tell the difference. Thanks for all the advice guys!

This has been improperly processed somewhere along the way, and there are some issues with it

Do you have the original source ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Unfortunately no. It's from a fairly rare IFC comedy series called The Business. https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-business Should I just use a smart deinterlacer like handbrake to identify interlaced frames?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can deinterlace it if you want to, but there are other problems, such as blending, warping. It was resized and cropped while still interlaced, before removing pulldown. That's the main reason for those problems.

It will still probably look better with QTGMC than handbrake, but neither will fix those underlying problems
    Quote Quote  
  9. You can restore that to the original film frames with:

Code:
    LWlibavVideoSource("The Business Season One Episode 4 example.mkv") 
    AssumeTFF()
    AddBorders(0,0,0,2) # QTGMC requires mod 4 frame height

QTGMC()
    Merge(SelectEven(), SelectOdd())
    FixBlendIVTC()
    TDecimate()

Crop(0,0,-0,-2) # restore original frame height
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. An alternative that's much faster but not as clean:

Code:
    AssumeTFF()

Interleave(TFM(field=0), TFM(field=1))
    FixBlendIVTC()
    TDecimate()

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Friend @jagabo how did you manage to run this avs script?

Assume TFF()

QTGMC()
    FixBlendIVTC()
    TDecimate()

I have Windows 10, I installed avisynth 2.60 + QTGMC plugins and QTGMC-3.32.avsi script to avisynth's plguin folder, and MEGUI is saying there is an error in QTGMC(): there is no function named "QTGMC()" ?

What am I doing wrong?

Att.

Druid®.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't use megui but I understand it has its own private version of AviSynth. So all your plugins have to into that instead of the system installed AviSynth. From megui's base folder (c:\program files\megui ?) look for \tools\avisynth_plugin. You will also need all the other third party filters that QTGMC requires:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Core_Plugins_and_Scripts

You may even have to resort to manually importing QTGMC.avsi and all the support filters.

QTGMC is one of the hardest filters to get up and running. But once it's done you'll be glad you spent the time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much my friend, I will do what you are indicating .

Att.

Druid®.
    Quote Quote