VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im trying to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPfVJvompNM

And when I open Reverb it has no configure fx automation. None of the plugins have it... why???

Edit: I solved it, the icon only shows up if you add the plugins at the track level.
    Last edited by vegas13; 1st Jun 2020 at 10:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry can't answer your post. either upload the video here to this site or it won't get watched. no youtube clicks for pay from here. and it might be helpful to state what version of vegas you are using.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    sorry can't answer your post. either upload the video here to this site or it won't get watched. no youtube clicks for pay from here. and it might be helpful to state what version of vegas you are using.
    What do yo umean youtube clis for pay?

Here's what I have:

As you can see the button for "configure fx automation" is missing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. oops sorry, wrong info.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I would think you'd get 100x the response rate if you posted this in the Magix Vegas forum.

I'd try to answer, but I don't understand your question.
    Quote Quote  
  6. He is expecting one more icon in that corner (as in YouTube video). His snapshot does not have it.
    But neither mine Vegas Pro 15. It's perhaps somewhere else, like timeline track on the left? Don't know for sure, just gave it a look and did not found it there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is vegas 16 standard audio fx popup.

[Attachment 53619 - Click to enlarge]

no different than yours.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    this is vegas 16 standard audio fx popup.

[Attachment 53619 - Click to enlarge]

no different than yours.
    The thing is im using Vegas 13 and I clearly remember this icon existing there on my previous install.

How do I automate the stuff then?

Edit: I realized the icon only shows up at the track level, not on individual clips.
    Last edited by vegas13; 1st Jun 2020 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK, thanks to aedipuss, I think I understand the problem: It's a track vs. event thing.

As most Vegas users know, you can apply video or audio effects (fx) to the event (the things on the timeline tracks); you can apply fx to individual media so that the fx affects every event on the tracks which come from that media; you can apply many of those same fx at the track level (thus affecting all events on that one track); and you can apply fx by clicking on a similar icon at the top of the preview window, thus only affecting the video or audio after all the tracks have been mixed together.

Having the same way to apply the same effects at four different levels in the signal flow as the audio and video make their way through Vegas is a very powerful concept, but can be confusing. Adding to the confusion is that there are a few things that are not available at each of these levels, even though the dialog boxes otherwise appear identical.

In this case, automation is something that is not available at either the media or event level. It is a track concept. Thus, you need to click on the fx icon located in the track header, at the far left of the track. You should then find the automation icon you are looking for.

Sorry for being long-winded (can't help myself), but I wanted to make sure the OP fully understands the context of the answer.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 1st Jun 2020 at 11:48. Reason: typos
    Quote Quote