VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having trouble making ISO files out of a disc in DVD Decrypter and towards the end (around 95%) the read rate drops down to zero, then it goes back up somewhat, back down, and it keeps doing this. Eventually it encounters retries, but ultimately finishes successfully with 0 Read Errors.
    Sometimes I'll get 3 Retries, sometimes as much as 5. Never any Read Errors though on any of the computers. The least amount of Retries I've gotten on this disc is 1.
    Despite of Retries, does a successful process in DVD Decrypter guarantee a perfect rip with no pixelated errors etc (on the condition that they were not present on the disc itself of course, when played back directly from the DVD-ROM drive), as long as there are 0 Read Errors?
    Basically what I'm asking, does 0 Read Errors guarantee a perfect backup, even if there are Retries?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If there was a retry, then that means there was a read error the first time. BUT on the retry at a slow spin rate it was able to read it correctly. In your case.

It will keep retrying a certain number of times before asking you if you just want to accept the error and move on. If you did not get that popup then your rip should be perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    If there was a retry, then that means there was a read error the first time. BUT on the retry at a slow spin rate it was able to read it correctly. In your case.

It will keep retrying a certain number of times before asking you if you just want to accept the error and move on. If you did not get that popup then your rip should be perfect.
    Yeah usually when I get retries that box pops up but this time somehow it didn't. So I guess it's OK then. Thank you!
    Quote Quote