VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure whether to post this here or in a hardware topic area, figured I'd try here first since I'm looking at hardware to specifically run TMPGenc software (Smart Renderer, Video Mastering Works, Authoring Works).

My current PC is a FIRST generation (as in over 10 years old) Core i7 and looking to upgrade to Ryzen 3900X and X570 mobo. Already bought those, looking for a video card that will work well with this combo for video editing and will provide hardware acceleration for TMPGenc software. No gaming whatsoever.

I see lots of info for nVidia CUDA, but very little on TMPGenc using hardware acceleration for AMD video cards. Is that even a thing?

Anyway, looking for suggestions on video cards for use in hardware acceleration for editing with the TMPGenc Smart Renderer, Video Mastering Works, and Authoring Works applications, either nVidia or AMD. Not particularly loyal to either brand, just looking for what works best with this software and my above mentioned new hardware.

Moderators if this belongs in a hardware topic area, it won't hurt my feelings if you move it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Robert Simandl; 22nd May 2020 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I build a PC about a week ago using the Ryzen 3600, B450 mobo and Geforce 1650Super and works great for editing 4k video with TMPGenc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote