VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey gents,

Been a while.

I have a new Win 10 install on my PC. After Win 7 PC crapped out on me in November. I waited a while to do a fresh install.

Been using the PC for several months now. However, when I watch video the sound slowly goes out of sync. If I pause, then play, it catches up.

I tried install fresh drivers. I tried the default drivers. I tried running Youtube in a different browser. I played my videos in a different app. All still goes down the same path of a latency.

I also get a crackling sound in my headphones. I don't have a second pair to test if it's something with the headphones but I doubt that matters.

Anyone have some advice!? I don't want to re-install again, that would suck.
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you get the same results while watching dvds ?? or is it just youtube only.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Streaming services, the whole lot. I don't play DVDs on my PC. I don't think I have in several years.
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
  4. Whitch audio device?. Whitch driver?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I run my sound through my mobo. Realtek. Drivers uptodate
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by beavereater View Post
    I run my sound through my mobo. Realtek. Drivers uptodate

right click on the start menu - go into device manager - and select the sound,video and game controllers tab
    list the audio devices when you expand that tab.
    Quote Quote  

7. Sorry...this is what is listed

I don't know why the pic isn't showing. It says
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Last edited by beavereater; 19th May 2020 at 05:53. Reason: Picture not showing..
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

Sorry...this is what is listed

I don't know why the pic isn't showing. It says
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    try right clicking on both NVIDIA audio devices and disable them
    and leave the Realtek enabled. see if you still get the sound delay.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Tried it...and still going out of sync

After I pause and play again, it re-syncs

When I play video and open another tab in my browsers, I start hearing crackling sounds in my headphones
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried it...and still going out of sync

When I play video and open another tab in my browsers, I start hearing crackling sounds in my headphones
    ok, now try it the other way around, re enable both the NVIDIA ones and disable the realtek
    and see what you get.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

ok, now try it the other way around, re enable both the NVIDIA ones and disable the realtek
    and see what you get.

It asked me to restart my computer this time. I now have no sounds.

In the troubleshoot menu that pops up when I click on my sound icon, it asks me what I want to troubleshoot. It lists just the NVIDIA parts and mentions that all the connectors are through HDMI at the back of my tower. Not sure if that means anything.

Side note: I have been using the headphone jack in on my tower not plugged into at the back of my tower. After reinstalling Windows I got lazy and didn't plug my speakers into the back
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

and see what you get.

It asked me to restart my computer this time. I now have no sounds.

In the troubleshoot menu that pops up when I click on my sound icon, it asks me what I want to troubleshoot. It lists just the NVIDIA parts and mentions that all the connectors are through HDMI at the back of my tower. Not sure if that means anything.

Side note: I have been using the headphone jack in on my tower not plugged into at the back of my tower. After reinstalling Windows I got lazy and didn't plug my speakers into the back
    revert back to the original settings and try this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChiROFNHObo
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hey, I already went through that video. Unfortunately it didn't help.

THAT SAID: I reverted back and now the video, for the first time in months, is working fine. The audio isn't going out of sync and my headphones are crackling. Still, would like to know why and hopefully understand how doing what you said to do before solved the issue.

Thanks for the help so far...it worked, in its own way lol
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote